Pannus removal - This is really long

RaCina
on 10/10/09 11:47 pm - East Syracuse, NY
RNY on 04/02/08 with
Hi,

Couldn't find a survery for this subject but thought I would give a little review for the Syracuse New York area especially those with MVP insurance, I started researching this back this summer and searched for a Plastic Surgeon who took MVP I came upon Dr Armenta, original appointment was good information and the usual questions and what not, pictures were taken, and I was told the letters would be sent to the insurance comapny after not hearing anything back from the office for over 2 weeks, I called the office the office again and they told me they would contact me when the insurance company contacted them, after another 2 weeks  I decided to call the insurance company to find out why I hadn't heard anything and if I needed any additional information to be sent, the insurance company told me they did not get any letters from the Doctor's office, I called the Doctor's office and was told that thier fax wasn't working no they hadn't sent the letter out yet and they didn't have the right forms,  I am not sure why they felt it necessary to tell me weeks before this that they were waiting for the insurance company to contact them considering they hadn't sent any info as of yet to the insurance company, I do suppose that doctor's office staff doesn't think that patients know the ins and outs of how insurances work, within the next week and a half I received a authorization letter from MVP approving my pannus removal, I call the plastic surgeon's office to get a date scheduled for the surgery and they tell me they can't because they didn't get a letter, they tell me to call back the next week, so I call back 4 days later and they proceed to tell me they attempted to contact me, I asked did you leave a message they said no your phone just rang and rang, I find that funny because my phone answering machine is connected to my computer, so I get the information for the surgery, scheduling etc. I check my phone ID after the call is finished and no they never did call my phone! Lie #2, I had my surgery on September 30th, after a few scheduling problems to corelating Docs due to possible ventral hernia (did not have), The day of surgery the Plastic Doc peaks his head in and looks at me and says oops wrong room, then comes back and says to me you look different, I should be worried maybe? haha he does his measurements drawings etc. okay so off I go to surgery, I am released the next day told to call the office on Monday on getting my drain removed, I am asked how much drainage I tell them, I get well that can't be removed til there is less then 25cc in a 24 hour period, okay I understand this, I ask about where to possibly purchase another binder so that I have 2 of them, I am told to go to such and such, next breathe the woman tells me you can't go anywhere because you should be lying down and resting this 1st week after surgery only place you should go is to our office for your appointment, so I don't get the binder,  I get a post -  op appointment for that Thursday, I go to my appointment his staff really has alot to be desired, they have me take everything off and the Doc takes more pictures, thank goodness my husband was with me because the nurse removed the drain and leaves me there tells me to use 4x4's on the incision lines etc, they don't hand any to me, I ask about a binder she says oh we sell them here! Great I think she even tells me the price wonderful, I fish around for my 4x4's I had on me so I can reapply them to the insision line and wrap my binder back around me with the help of my husband, when I get out to the receptionist, the binder is waiting and I said how great it was that they sold them there and presedes to tell me we don't sell these they are for our patients! Quite rudely I must say! I pay for the binder, this office staff has alot to be desired! Dr Armenta does good work, I am happy with the results, but I will be going back in that office on Thursday to have my sutures removed and wish I didn't have to. That office really isn't very nice at all. I am writting this just so people in this area know what the office is like, Doctor does good work, but don't expect much from his staff!!!
Redhaired
on 10/11/09 1:14 am - Mouseville, FL
You should speak to the doctor about the issues with his staff.  He will never know unless someone tells him.  He may suspect there are issues but can't know for sure unless he is told. 

O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 2:16 am
Wow! Thats horrible. I agree with Red...tell the doctor. I would even do it in writing.

I am happy that you are happy with your results though!

I pray that you have minimal pain and a quick recovery!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

RaCina
on 10/11/09 5:05 am - East Syracuse, NY
RNY on 04/02/08 with
With my first visit, the first part of the appointment I was feeling like I made a good decision with my choice, when I was given the pamphlet with his prices for all the procedures the Doc did state he would do a tummy tuck for less than what was on the price list, when I said I couldn't afford a full tummy tuck, I felt a change in the atmosphere in the room with the Doctor and his 2 nurses, I know that if a physcian accepts the insurance payment he does not get as much as a self pay patient, (due to decapitated payments) the only thing that kept me persueing this was the fact I knew he did good work, I guess I will just smile sweetly with the next visit and any subsequent visits until I do not have to go any more, and in a few years when I get my arms done this deffinitly will not be the office I go back to.
O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 7:58 am
The sad part is that he is  good surgeon but he will lose patients because of his staff.

I dont know what makes feel that it is acceptable to treat people any kind of way.

You've got a great attitude about it though and that speaks volumes of you!

Happy PSing!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

vfor29
on 10/11/09 11:31 am
I am glad you are doing good, despite the care from the Dr.'s staff. I agree you should tell the Dr. they do not always know what the staff is doing.

I would love to see your before and after pics, I am hoping I will only need a pani and not a TT. I have heard it is a lot easier to get over.

Most Active