No More Drains!!!!!

Anjail
on 10/11/09 10:14 pm - Detroit, MI
Saturday my dr finally removed both of my drains. So happy because they were in for a month. It's kind of weird because you would think that I would swell alot since the drains are gone right. Well nope that's not the case. It seem as though since she removed the drains I don't swell as bad as I was. Go figure. Anyway I am happy they are gone. Next step is to wait about another month then begin light exercise. I really want to tone my arm but still too scared to lift anything heavy. No really concerned about my legs since I don't wear shorts or short skirts.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 1:22 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
How nice to be drain free! 
Don't over do it with exercise when you start.  Learn from my lesson......I jumped in too soon and too much and am paying for it.

Ruth
Anjail
on 10/12/09 2:30 am - Detroit, MI

Thanks for the advise Ruth. I'm going to take it easy but can't wait to start exercising.

omar157
on 10/12/09 3:55 am - Maywood, NJ
Congrat's on getting ur drains removed.
aimee43
on 10/12/09 10:17 am
Glad to hear you got your drains out. I can't wait. I went today for my 2nd follow-up, I'm 11 days post -TT, PS said I've still got another wk with drains, ughh. I'm afraid to ask but, did it hurt
when they removed them? Also, have you started using a scar cream ?  PS said we'll discuss
scar creams or NuGel next wk.
loggurl
on 10/13/09 9:22 am - COVINGTON, GA
I just got my 6 drains out (yes, 6!!!!!!!!!!!) last week.  It was like getting a new lease on life!

My PS said the pain level ranged from nothing to pretty severe.  I think it all depends on where the drains are located, how long they've been in & your personal pain tolerance level.  One of mine didn't hurt at all, 2 of them were pretty innocuous, but the others hurt like hell.  I was definitely not prepared for that, either.  Fortunately the pain only lasts for a few seconds & then it's all over.  So I wouldn't get all worked up about it.  Kinda like ripping a band-aid off!  It's well worth it to get the darn things out, ;-)

Hugs,
CJ
O. Kufi
on 10/12/09 12:18 pm

Yea! Its like being freed from a maximum security prison!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

aimee43
on 10/13/09 10:16 am
Geez, now I am worried!!! I'm not a whimp about pain, it's more the anticpation that freaks me out. Has anyone had drains in their, umm, uh, private area? That's where my two are. What am I in for? Go ahead, tell me, I think I can take it...gulp.
Most Active