UHC finally paid my doc.....

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 10/11/09 10:23 am
Just as an FYI to those of you who may get frustrated that docs don't want to or aren't enthused about working with insurance.....

Remember I had my anchor cut TT pre-approved by UHC for my 5/27 surgery???

THEY JUST PAID THE DAMN CLAIM LAST WEEK!!!!  The doctor's office had to go around and around with them - they kept kicking it back needing more documentation, saying the codes weren't correct.... blah, blah, blah.... $8,725 after almost 5 months of rangling!!!  No WONDER these docs don't want to hear it!!!  

Would YOU want to wait 4- 5 months for your pay after work you already did????

Go easy on the docs, people - the system sucks and they are just trying to make sure they get paid. 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 10:54 am
That bites.......glad the doc got paid though!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

cleos_mom
on 10/11/09 11:09 am - phila., PA
I like your hair & your new avi.
how are you making out post=op?
Susan
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 10/11/09 1:38 pm
Thanks Susan!

I am doing WONDERFUL!!!!!  OMG - this has made THE difference!  I acutally RAN for the first time ever for exercise the other week - I'd never done it before because all the hanging skin and fat would 'whomp' back down and bothered me.....

I'm working on toning and keeping in shape - no way I want to 'mess' things up!  I have a follow up on Thursday with m doc - I've been working to make him proud :)

I still swell up though..... I bought an Ardyss Body shaper - it's like a compression garment but it smooths the back rolls out pretty nice - I like the support.  I read that a lot of folk post TT wear garments for 6 mos to a year after..... I think I will.  

anyhoo, I bet you weren't looking for THAT long a response.. lol!  thanks for asking about me!!! 

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

cleos_mom
on 10/12/09 9:26 am - phila., PA
that is great, I still wear a compression garment and I am 9 months out , I will wear it for about a year. cause I want to, I hear you get the best results from wearing a garment. I know what you mean about excercising it is so much better w/o the hanging skin
the response was good
take care
Susan
trishy
on 10/12/09 12:18 am
Good gawd that is scary girl... Thats a lot of financial responsibility that was ultimately hanging on you, if you get what I'm saying.  So glad that the doctor got paid.  My surgery is Nov. 4th and I am struggling right now to get all the $$$ together.  Can't imagine after this if my insurance came back hangling about paying it... Thanks for the heads up about all this.  The system does suck...

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 10/12/09 1:28 am
No - the responsibility wasn't going to be on me - since UHC granted the pre-approval, the doc is basically tied to the insurance for payment - his responsiblity to get them the info needed to fulfill the claim - UHC can't 'undeny' the approval - but they can kick him around the table over details - which they did.....

He said point blank that if they didn't pay, it wouldn't be on me.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that man??  LOL!!!! 

trishy
on 10/12/09 3:31 am
No kidding.  Well thats good to know for me because I have the pre approval from my insurance as well.  I will sleep better tonite knowing they can't come after me for the $$ if insurance doesnt pay,  thank goodness for caring surgeons. I called several that would not even think of bothering with insurance.  Now I know why ;)  thanks again.

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

BigCityGirl
on 10/12/09 3:51 am - San Diego, CA
You look great by the way.....  I had my knee rebuilt back in June and it was an insurance job and when I signed up with my surgeon the forms all said that I was responsible if my insurance company didn't pay out in a timely manner.  I talked to the office staff about this and they said that my insurance, TriWest was very good  (they paid within four days of my surgery)  but sometimes companies stall for months without paying and the better surgeons in town just won't take patients who have certain insurance companies.

I don't blame doctors.  I run a business and my clients pay me in advance for service not months later.  Most all small businesses have tremendous cash flow problems and can you imagine how difficult it would be to pay staff and rent and other overhead when you must wait months to be paid?  The insurance company doesn't wait months to be paid by their insurers - these people ought to be hung out by their toes.

We need health care (and insurance) reform.  Someone needs to heavily regulate the health insurance industry......
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 10/12/09 9:30 am
hey there!  thanks for the compliment!

Most Active