LBL recovery and travel time

estella
on 10/11/09 12:18 am - Colombia
I'm hoping to have a LBL, lower face lift and breast augementation done this June. How long do you htink I'd need for receovery time? I'm living in Colombia but will be moving back to the states after surgery. I won't be working again until some time in August, not even then, if lucky. So How much time do you think I'd need to recover enough to travel and then finally to get back to work?
estella                 5'5"          HW 245     SW 227     DR goal 145    My goal 135 (for now)
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 1:37 am

Estella

Congratulations on your loss and upcoming PS!

When I had my first round I took 6 weeks because I had the paid leave available but could have returned at 4 weeks.  (LBL, BL/BA, Arm lift, Medial thigh lift)

My 2nd round I took 4 weeks but was being lazy because again I had the paid leave available but I could have gone back to work at 3 weeks give or take a day. (full thigh lift w/lipo and arm lipo)

I have a desk job. The hardest part is the walk from the parking lot to my desk.

Of course everyone is different and you have to listen to YOUR body and not overdue it.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 2:46 am
HI Estella -- 

I have an on-your-feet-all-day job, and if I'd known what was in store for me, I would have taken two full months off.  I was moving a classroom across campus by a quarter mile at four weeks, and it nearly was the end of me.

So I would say, since you can't know in advance how your body will react to surgery, to give yourself at least two months of healing time following LBL before you're actually moving anywhere, if only because you absolutely WILL be tempted to pick up and move things that you should not ... and time seems not to be a factor otherwise.

But as in everything else -- your doctor's word is THE word on this, and s/he will advise you best.
DS Facts
on 10/11/09 9:48 am
I had my LBL sept 24 and will be working from home next week then returning full time the following Monday. I had a fleur de lis TT in addition to the circumferential incision. I did not have lipo. I was off all pain pills just over a week out. Recovery has been pretty smooth.
Pura Vida
on 10/11/09 11:24 am - Costa Rica
Estella,

Hey girl, have you priced out the LBL in Colombia? Please share the prices. I went for quotes this week here, He quoted me 7K for the LBL and 4400 for a BL/BA, I am wondering if it would be worth it to travel to colombia, since your VSG was like 1/2 the price of mine...

Heather

estella
on 10/11/09 10:08 pm - Colombia
Thanks for the answers guys. I haven't gone for my consult yet, hoping to in the next couple of weeks after i have my follow up with my gastro surgeon. Here they want you to have the surgery like the week after the consult so I'm stalling because it's a difficult argument and my Spanish is pretty pathetic. I'm going to try to plan for 2 months. Like Charming I'm on my feet all day as a teacher and being tired around a bunch of teenagers is a recipe for disaster.

Heather when I get my pricing you'll be the first to know. Although I already know the breast augmentation is $1100. Yeah it's damn cheap here. You should totally come here!

estella                 5'5"          HW 245     SW 227     DR goal 145    My goal 135 (for now)
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Most Active