Home from Hospital and...

cbhjr98
on 10/10/09 11:53 pm
Well, they let me come home two days early. All the drains came out the day after surgery and the doc said all looks good. (Chest lift, breast lift/aug, army lift). He did the donut cut on the breasts so there's no anchor or lollipop or cut underneath/on them - which I'm SOOOO glad. The only scar on my sides is the one from the arm pit to half way down my ribs straight down (for the bra fat, etc.).

I am now a 34D (large C-> more like D he said). I was a 34 C-D prior to surgery too. I have 240cc gummy implants.

The implant stablizer is FREAKING KILLING ME!!!!!!!! it's rubbing the incision on my arm pit (left side)- no matter how we position it or tug it down or pad it, it HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also, my left side of my left impant (if you're looking face on to me, think 3-6 o'oclock) is WAY WAY more tender/sore tha the rest of the breasts. Is this normal for a particular area to be so much more tender and painful than the rest? What do you do about your underarm?

My follow up isn't until early Jan, so I know my breasts will settle a bit before then (although heck! I like them just how they are - LOL...even if they go to the sides a little more than straight out front- hehe) - THEY DONT SAG - WOOT!)

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
JazzysGirl
on 10/11/09 1:38 am - North, GA
Hey Cass-

Congrats on your surgery!!  I can't offer you much advise...but wanted to say I too had surgery to my underarm and that is what hurts most out of the TT and thigh lipo!!  I can't believe that area is the most tender but it is.

Good luck with your new "sistas!!!" 

Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 1:46 am
Cass

Welcome home, congratulations and YIPPEE for no drains.

You look great!!

My left side was a little more tender for awhile but eventually it went away.
As far as the underarms, I taped large gauze pads on my underarms so my compression garment would not rub on them directly. Worked great.

Happy and quick healing!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 5:48 am - Haleiwa, HI
Congratulations on coming home! I also got gummies, but mine are 400 CC.  Did he go under the muscle or over?  I don't have a stablizer, and it sounds like I am glad I don't!  My right boob definitely is more swollen than the left, and it is also much more tender.  I had the lollipop incision.  I am still in the clinic, but feel really good today.  It is amazing to look down and realize that I don't have saggy boobs or a belly anymore!  LOVING IT!

Jess
cbhjr98
on 10/11/09 7:51 pm
Mine are under the muscle - as for the stablizer, if you see that strap that goes around your back and over the top of the breasts (makes it look like it's pushing the breast down) - that's what I have..

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 6:37 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Glad to hear you are home, feeling well and healing nicely.
Take care of yourself!
michelle1123
on 10/12/09 7:29 am - San Francisco, CA
HI Cass,

Congrats on your new boobs, arms and glad you're looking and feeling great!  I didn't have drains or wear a stablizer after my BL/BA (w. arm lift), but I did have some discomfort with my compression vest rubbing on my underarm incisions.  This is going to sound funny, but I cut up a maxi pad and put it over my underarm incisions and that helped a lot.  So, try that idea.   How long do you have to wear the stablizer? 

Other than the day after surgery, I didn't have any pain in my chest (just swelling) and to date have not had any pain in my arms following the arm lift.  Although, everyone is different, as you know.

Best of luck for a speedy and easy recovery! : )

Michelle
Melissa M.
on 10/13/09 6:04 am - Seabrook, TX
Glad to hear you are recovering well for the most part.  It's interesting how some docs require their patients to wear the implant stabilizers and other don't.  I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!

Most Active