Slightly different question: where did you get your information about plastic surgery options?

O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 12:53 pm, edited 10/11/09 3:33 pm
I believe you Diane...have to laugh because I did the same thing after we bought our house in Florida!  I wont say obsessively but enough to be considered too much! A quality home was as importantoot me as the best bargain I could get. No surprise at all!!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

tazfan
on 10/11/09 1:42 pm
I asked my Primary and Bariatric doctors as well as several family members who are in the local medical area who they would go to if they were going to have plastic surgery and all 8 of them said Dr. Mariotti first.  My mom is a surgical nurse who has worked with numerous plastic surgeons over the years and he was the only one in our area she said she would go to.  I am very skeptical about what I read online so I went by personal and professional referrals.
Lucy V.
on 10/12/09 6:37 am
This is all good Info...that I will be using shortly.  thanks for posting the questions Diana.

Was: 344LBS (sz 28/30)   Now:187LBS (sz 14)   Want:175LBS (sz 12)

JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Lynne R.
on 10/12/09 9:08 am - Houston, TX
I met my surgeon (Dr. John LoMonaco) at an OH conference, but I had already heard about him here on the board. After a 1 minute conversation with him at the conference, I already knew he was the surgeon for me. There is a place on OH - look up at the top right corner - that has recs for plastic surgeons with testimonials from OH patients.

Lynne

Jupiter6
on 10/12/09 9:22 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My best advice came in PMs from very satisfied patients-- I followed up on several and went on go-sees and chose the best one for the job.  For my facial plastics I went with a board certified guy based mostly on location- which was a tragically shortsighted move...but you live and learn.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Leslie T.
on 10/12/09 11:43 am - Northern, KY
I am just beginning my PS journey.  I started with my surgeon asking who he would use if he needed PS.   He recommended Jennifer Butterfield.   He said in his opinion her work is the best.   She works on a lot of post WLS patients, and I like that.   I meet with her at the end of the month.   
RNY 5/2008 180 pounds lost from highest weight.   TT and arms done 12/2009
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Purple Passion
on 10/18/09 5:05 am - Little Falls, NJ
I got some information from local ps surgeons that are well known in the area. 

I also got a referral from an OH member who is also in NJ.  I was inspired by her results and contacted her to discuss her surgeon.  She was more than helpful and when I finally had my consultation with him, I knew he was the one.  So far, I'm very happy with him.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Most Active