Stage 2 Garment

MistersMom65
on 10/11/09 3:52 am - TN
So I'm having TT on Oct. 21st. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row & get everything I need/can get. I know I'll need a Stage 2 Garment and am not sure when to get it. Do you wait for 2 weeks,until you actually need it? How do you know what size if you get it ahead of time? Marena is who my PS uses and where the Stage 1 garment are coming from.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

morgansmommy
on 10/11/09 4:21 am - Gig Harbor, WA
I do not have an answer for you, my surgeon does not require a compression garment but states I can wear one if I want. I think I will. I loved my binder agter my gastric bypass five years ago. I am not sure what to get, I will have to see what responses you get.
My date is the same as yours! Good luck!
Mary
Jadems
on 10/11/09 4:59 am - Cambridge, MA
My surgeon I understand is supplying me with this so perhaps this is offered through your physician. I just have to tell you to make sure you are all set for when you have the drains in. Get pirs of stretchy pants and go UP a size or two post op care. I was a size 4/6 and I thankfully stayed with my mother which I have been borrowing her clothes (8/10). Also, get large underwear (my victoria secret bikini cut is sooo not working for it rubs on the stiches). Also, she got depends garments for me which I rolled my eyes at but have used it for I had complications with my drains and they have been a god send for leaking and comfort. There are times you want air to get at the stiches to help heal. So- prep for when you have the drains in first. :) Hope this helps.
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 6:04 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I had my TT almost 6 weeks ago.
I came home the binder and then on day 5 I got into my compression garment and am still wearing every day.  I made such a big difference for me with keeping to swelling to a minimum. 

Sizing is the hardest part.  To be sure you get the right size I would suggest you call Marena (their number is on their web-site), and give them your measurements...they will be able to help you.

For me I found using the garment with the side zipper MUCH easier than moving into the one that does not zip.  Trying to pull on a garment without zippers pulls on my stomach muscles too much so I'm happy to be in my smaller garment with the zipper. 

Hope that helps a little........
Let me know if you have any questions.
Best wishes
Ruth
MistersMom65
on 10/11/09 9:25 am - TN
Thank you Ruth. I was wondering do you wait to call Marena until AFTER the surgery and give them your measurements? I'm getting the side zippered ,thigh length, suspendered Marena garment(I'm told) or do you call NOW? LOL I have so many questions & am afraid I'll not ask the most important ones in time!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/09 10:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sounds like the same garment I have (I actually have 2 different ones, both with zippers).

Well if you have a good idea of how many inches the Surgeon is going to be cutting off your tummy you could call and give them your pre-op measurements and tell them you expect to have XX inches off....... You could also ask your surgeons office what size they would recommend (I did that with my first one).
If you want to be 100% sure you can take your waist measurement the day after surgery and order it that day....they ship pretty quick, I think I had mine in about 4 days.

Do you mean you have questions to ask Marena or your surgeon??  I asked my surgeon a million questions but feel I went into surgery very well informed and prepared.  I've also had no surprises during recovery...

MistersMom65
on 10/11/09 3:59 pm, edited 10/11/09 3:59 pm - TN
Actually Ruth my question are for the veterns on this site. It seems that the people, real people here are the ones to ask. I know everone has their own unique experience but is's so helpful to see what has helped so many others.
PS My DEAR Little Mothers name is Ruth & my middle name is Ruth...I feel connected already!

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 1:31 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I hear you.........getting input from folks who have actually gone through it already is best.  I've learned SO MUCH from folks here which is why I stick around and try to "pay it forward" to the newbies.

Have a great day!
Most Active