Butt-flap auto-augmentation???

Becca88
on 10/10/09 1:27 pm
I'm very interested in this procedure and was wondering if anyone who's had this procedure would like to tell me a little about their experience. Was it hard to find a surgeon who preforms this procedure? Do you feel like you have more padding when seated? Are you satisfied with your results? Does the volume go down some over time like with fat-grafts?

I'm just at the very start of my investigation into plastic surgery but I know I'm going to need a LBL, pre-op I was very pear shaped and while my stomach is kind of OK my backside looks like it could belong to someone who's lost 100lbs more than I, based on the photos I've seen. I'd really like to avoid a flat butt after surgery and I really don't think I have enough excess fat to do lipo/grafts let along grafts that would make a real difference.

If you are pleased with your results would you mind letting my know what surgeon you used? 

Redhaired
on 10/10/09 1:35 pm - Mouseville, FL
I love my butt.  (Boy, I never thought I would say that!)  I had mine done over a year ago and it is still shapely.  I had no butt prior to the autoaugmentation.  I used Dr. Albear in Tampa.  I am not sure I really have any more padding when I sit.  But the surgeon told me if we did not do the auto thing I would not be able to keep my pants up my butt was so flat.  Prior to losing weight I had a more than ample rear end.

Red

Becca88
on 10/14/09 2:08 pm
 Thanks for letting me know about your experience, I'm getting more hopeful about the future of my sad butt. I checked out Dr. Albear's website and while he doesn't have any photos of full LBLs or butt-flap procedures, his work looks good. I'm especially impressed by his breast work, in particular what he seems able to achieve with implants alone. 
Redhaired
on 10/14/09 2:13 pm - Mouseville, FL
Oh man, you should see what he did with my breasts without implants.  They are perfect!

Becca88
on 10/14/09 2:29 pm
 haha, I wish I could be in the same boat! My smaller pre-weight loss upper body has now left me with A's. 
Melissa M.
on 10/10/09 3:02 pm - Seabrook, TX
The auto augmenation is more towards the top of the butt  where the curve starts as opposed to the very bottom where you sit.  The tissue in the lower part of where your LBL incision runs is actually inverted or flipped over to create the fullness.  The dr can also inject fact into the area to help give it a more feminine shape.  Every dr I met with did do it but I don't think every dr feels it's necessary.  I know I didn't want the flat butt which is very common after a LBL.  I have heard that when the fat grafts are used alone, that some of the fat can and often does get absorbed.  This will vary of course and I really don't think a dr can tell you a percentage because everyone is different.  It won't all get absorbed so any improvement is better than none. I am SO glad I had mine done!
O. Kufi
on 10/11/09 2:25 am
On October 10, 2009 at 10:02 PM Pacific Time, my06ds wrote:
The auto augmenation is more towards the top of the butt  where the curve starts as opposed to the very bottom where you sit.  The tissue in the lower part of where your LBL incision runs is actually inverted or flipped over to create the fullness.  The dr can also inject fact into the area to help give it a more feminine shape.  Every dr I met with did do it but I don't think every dr feels it's necessary.  I know I didn't want the flat butt which is very common after a LBL.  I have heard that when the fat grafts are used alone, that some of the fat can and often does get absorbed.  This will vary of course and I really don't think a dr can tell you a percentage because everyone is different.  It won't all get absorbed so any improvement is better than none. I am SO glad I had mine done!
Bump! Thanks for explaining that procedure, I was wondering.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Becca88
on 10/14/09 2:16 pm
 Thanks for the very clear explanation of this procedure. I knew the surgeon used the upper back fat but other than that I was pretty much in the dark. I didn't realize before that it got flipped over. I'm so glad that it's not as rare as the impression browsing surgeons' websites gave me! 
joychaser
on 10/13/09 6:41 am - MI
Hey there! I am over a year post op from LBL with butt flap (guessing this is auto aug) I LOVE MY BOOTY! Mind you I was very nervous about the flatness of my butt because I have never had a round rear end. I decided to go with this procedure because after spending all the money on a LBL I really wanted to be happy!

What they did was take the alrge chunk of back fat that would have been removed and flipped and turned into the butt cheeks. I know this sounds incredibly strange and I struggled understanding myself. I did not have much lower back fat but the doctor assured me it would be enough to allow me for curves.

The recovery was painful and long but worth every moment. The LBL was a breeze after the first week but I found my round rump to be the painful issue. I took a while to get used to sitting down on my bottom and it felt like i was sitting on scrunched up t-shirts. Laying down was also a new dynamic. My pant size also did not go down. I was wearing an 8 pre op and thought for sure I would be in a 6. NOPE-the butt obviously took up a little more room than I had thought.

At first the butt was very very hard but it felt like I just had a fit and trim butt. A year ago now...no pain, no hard butt, it feels just like a natural bottom. I wish I had a scanner, I have pics of my actual surgery I would share  with you.

Ok sorry I rambled. Any other questions please ask. Preop-251 post op 145 I am 30 years old :)
From 251 to 141 and LOVING every minute of it! From a size 18 to a size 6-8!
I can finally SPREAD my wings again!
Becca88
on 10/14/09 2:25 pm
 Thanks so much for sharing! It's so helpful to know how everything actually felt, that's something I don't think a surgeon could tell me. It's nice to know that after a while it does feel natural. Did you have any lipo/fat grafting at the same time? I think I'll be willing to endure the extra pain for a decent butt--it's my biggest concern. I lost the most weight from that particular area and it looks horrible. 
Most Active