ARGH....pain!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 12:33 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yesterday afternoon I started to have some pain in my tummy....just to the right of the new belly button (not at the belly button).  Eventually I took some Aleve....it didn't do much to help.  It bothered me all afternoon and evening.  I had hoped I'd go to sleep and wake up feeling fine.  Well that didn't happen...it's a little worse this morning.

I just called the surgeons nurse.....she thinks I may have pulled a muscle when I got on the treadmill the day before.  So now I've got to take it easy......no exercise......putting ice on the area. They are calling a prescription for pain killers to see if it helps.

Lesson learned......when you start exercising again start SLOW!   I originally planned on just doing 10 mins at a slow pace.  Silly me I speed it up to my normal fast walk pace and did 35 mins.  Guess I over did it a bit.   Worst part is now I can't ride the bike either and I was so looking forward to going for a ride today.  

Maybe I'll get some sympathy and not have to cook lunch and dinner today.........looking for the bright side of this. 

Redhaired
on 10/9/09 12:56 am - Mouseville, FL
Poor, poor baby.  You poor lil ole thing.  (Is that sympathetic enough?)

Seriously, if the pain continues or gets worse get it checked out.  One thing those of us who have lost a lot of weight should not do, is to try to tough out severe abdominal pain.  There are just too many things that it can be and some are life threatening.

Now back to the sympathy.  There, there now ...

Red

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 1:12 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for making me smile Red.

Yes, if it gets any worse I will call the Surgeon again or go to the emergency room.  Hopefully it won't come to that....

Now if I can get a cup of tea from Matthew that would be great.........LOL!!!!! (he's being very sympathetic and supportive).
carlak
on 10/9/09 5:42 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi Ruth,
Mine did the samething when I had my plastics. Mine got red hot and swollen with fluid. So watch for that.
If you need me to come take care of you hollar. Remember Im only 80 miles south of you!!!!!
Carla
image hosting site

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 9:21 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Carla.
You are very kind and sweet.  If I don't get relief by tomorrow and I pull all my hair out I'll be calling you to fix it....LOL

I'll let you know if I reach the end of my rope..
Thanks again
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 1:52 am
I hope you are feeling better this morning.  I did something similar except I got on my elliptical machine and paid the price with pain.  You give the best advice to everyone on this board, please follow your own advice and take it easy.  I would hate for you to end up injuring yourself.

Sherline
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 9:22 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks for the reminder to listen to myself.....guess I have to practice what I preach...
O. Kufi
on 10/9/09 7:18 am
Hi Ruth

I over walked a little like 8 days after surgery (went to the mall) and I think I slept forever after that. Over did it because I felt good. I enjoyed that long sleep!

Hope you feel better soon and that its not serious!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 9:20 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I wish I could sleep.....can't even do that for longer than 20 mins or so...
Need some good pain killers. The drug store still says the Dr's office has not called in the prescription yet.  Hopefully by morning it will be done and ready.  I'm getting ready to pull my hair out.

Going for more Aleve or maybe ibuprofen.  Actually I think I have some "good" pain killers left over from my Arm Lift in march....gotta go check the vitamin box.

Thanks for the well wishes!!!
TTFN
Ruth
Most Active