PS Consultation question

CA_GirlRocks
on 10/9/09 2:10 am
Hello all!

I have a couple of questions for all of you experts out there!  I went for a PS consult and they took pictures, and notes and are going to submit to my insurance company to possibly cover a panni removal, but we never once discussed fees.  Is that normal? 

I appreciate that the focus was truly on me and what I am hoping for and what the realistic results should be, but I would really like to know a ballpark figure for what I want done.  I am trying to be patient and wait to find out from the insurance company as to approval or denial before I call and start hitting them with all of the money questions. 

Also, is it ok to go get another consultation even though the first office has submitted info to my insurance company already?

Thank for the advice!
BigCityGirl
on 10/9/09 5:09 am - San Diego, CA

If you have an option to chose a TT over a panni, then I would definitely go that route.  Wait until you hear back from the insurance company first.  If they decide to cover the panni, ask the surgeon what the difference would be to do the muscle tightening associated with a TT.  If the insurance company rejects you and you are a self-pay, then go for a TT.  I'd wait to proceed on further consultations until you hear back from the insurance company.

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
CA_GirlRocks
on 10/9/09 5:23 am
I am hoping for a LBL,  paying for the additional out of pocket.  I can't wait!  I am so excited about getting rid of all of this extra skin after all of these years!  I hoping for the best.

Did you get info on costs at your consultation?
O. Kufi
on 10/9/09 7:20 am
Definitley discussed cost during consultations.
God speed in your journey!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

workingmommy
on 10/9/09 10:09 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I knew I wanted and needed a LBL when I went in to my consults, so yes, we discussed fees..and the office submitted to insurance.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active