Dr. Sauceda advice

jenpam
on 10/8/09 6:50 pm
Dear all-

I am going to Dr. Saucedo in December for breast lift, lipo (tummy, back, sides, hips and thighs) and fat transfer to butt. I will have to stay ten days.

I am wondering whether in your experience it is really necessary that I have someone come with me?  And if so, how long does that person need to stay?

And what about the hotel? On his website he has the Hampton Inn and the Four Points. They both look fine. I am just wondering if the location of one is better than the other?

Any other advice or tips you have about planning the trip, what to bring, etc. would be appreciated!

Jen

VSG April 2008

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/8/09 7:31 pm
I'm going in December also.  Dec. 2nd, in fact.  I spoke with him about being there alone and he said he has many patients there by themselves and they do fine.  The one concern he's witnessed is that some patients get sad or depressed.    He also said he prefers that his patients stay at the Hamptom Inn, since it is just blocks from his clinic and he can come and see you easier.  I had requested to stay at the Four Points, but he said, he prefers the Hampton Inn.

I'll be there alone and many others have gone alone and done fine.  Jessica had her surgery yesterday and she's alone.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

johns-wife
on 10/9/09 12:40 am
If you are staying at the Hampton,be sure to request a mini-fridge and a room on the upper levels far away from the pool. There are no "hours" there so if you hate being awoken at 3AM to the sound of band music, people playing around the pool or kids running up and down the hall, make sure you tell them that you need a room where you will be sure to have plenty of peace and quiet. Also,don't complain while you are there (especially if you are american looking) if you call security, the security officer will be sure to tell the loud people to be quiet because the american is complaining. Then you wil get prank knocks at your door for a few days.
Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/9/09 1:05 am
That's excellent advice.  I will remember that!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

katiekat412
on 10/8/09 9:34 pm
Same story. I'll be alone next month. He said it was fine, but that I might get depressed, and I suppose he may be right. I'm used to being very active, so on top of being alone, I will be stir crazy even if I am in pain.

I would stay at the Hampton. He said they would make the hotel reservations for me.

Best of luck. I think you will have an east recovery with your procedures.

Kat

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Soaplady
on 10/9/09 12:08 am - Guilford, NY
Hey Kat,

by any chance do you speak Spanish...I do not and having an interpreter would come in handy.

When are you coming?? Was it the 13th? Or before me (9th)?

TTYL,
Soapy

BTW...I am going alone too. No worries. Bring amusements!
katiekat412
on 10/9/09 12:15 am
Hi Soapy,

I do not in any way speak spani****ook four years of French and it is not coming in handy at all. My mom gave me a little travel handbook. I laughed because it has phrased like "I need a doctor!". That could happen!

I arrive on November 12th for surgery on the 13th.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Soaplady
on 10/9/09 12:33 am - Guilford, NY
lol...that is funny. I do have a pocket translator...hopefully, that will help.

See you then!!

Teri
johns-wife
on 10/9/09 12:42 am
More people speak English in Monterrey than in Miami.
Also, don't bother using the Applebees next door or starbucks. Hebb has really, really good food for cheap. There as some decent food places at the Galleria mall too. All of that is within walking distance. I suggest the Hebb for every meal and just put in in your mini-fridge at the hampton.
Soaplady
on 10/9/09 3:39 am - Guilford, NY
Thanks, Johns-wife,

So you are another "body by Francisco" alum?? would you happen to have any before/afters you would care to share if i sent you my email addy??

Just looking for more reinforcement that I made the right decision.

thanks,

Teri
Most Active