I have a date!!

~ Robin ~
on 10/9/09 10:12 am - Muskegon, MI
December 17, I will be having my my panniculectomy w/ full tummy tuck (anchor cut) and including muscle tightening!! I'm so excited to be getting a flat tummy for Christmas!! 

I have a couple of questions that I will discuss w/ my surgeon when I see her for my pre-op physical in November, but I am curious about others experience. I have a very large upper "roll" of skin, which is why I am having the anchor cut. I have MUCH more skin than I've seen in many pre-op pics, but I started out at over 435 lbs too. I also have lots of smaller rolls from "back fat" - I'm sure you all know what I mean.  I'm curious, how much can I expect the back rolls to improve, if at all, with an anchor cut tummy tuck? I would guess it will improve SOME just from all the tummy skin being pulled forward, but will I still have some serious back rolls? Did anyone have back rolls that were pretty much (or mostly) gone after their anchor cut TT? Just curious about other people's results!! Will I have to continue to wear body shapers to make my back look "normal"? 

Thanks!! I'm sure I will only have a gazillion more questions between now and December!

- I will learn to let go what I cannot change, but I will change whatever I can. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Have you taken your vitamins today? 

~ Robin ~
on 10/9/09 10:22 am - Muskegon, MI
Oh, and also... my hubby is taking the 17th (surgery day) through the 23rd off work to help me. After that, he will be working every day (including the holidays) and I will have only my 16 y/o son and 12 y/o son home with me. I should be ok by then to move around to the bathroom and stuff and not need assistance of any kind, won't I?? I mean, my sons will help me "fetch things" and my oldest will help my youngest get his lunch and stuff, but they can't really do much assisting that would embarrass them or me.  

And one more thing... will I be ok to drive my kids to school by the first of the year? A couple of weeks after surgery? 

- I will learn to let go what I cannot change, but I will change whatever I can. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Connie C.
on 10/9/09 11:13 am - Clinton, ME
Hi Robin!
Wish I could answer your questions. They're questions I will have myself when I head off for tummy repair. I just wanted to say congrats on getting a date for you TT. I'm holding out until next summer, although I'm having terrible backaches lately that my surgeon said is caused by the panni pulling down all the time.

Connie

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.

~ Robin ~
on 10/9/09 11:35 am - Muskegon, MI
Thank you, Connie!! We've sure come a long way on our journeys together, haven't we?? 

I'm so excited for my first phase of plastics. I thought I'd be a lower weight when I started plastics, but my doctors (WLS surgeon, PCP and my PS) all seem to think that it's time, and I have lost as much as I could expect considering my highest weight, and I have been in the same general range since January/February... a little bouncing around, but that has leveled off, so I'm ready!! I am really HAPPY with where I am, and I think I will feel great after losing this tummy skin and a breast lift (Next round!! I can't afford both at once, being self-pay.) Fortunately, I have not had back pain from my pannus. I HAVE had back pain from my breasts though. (Ugh!) But, my PS doesn't feel I have enough actual TISSUE there to have my insurance cover a reduction. She said if she takes as much as my insurance company requires to pay for it, I'd look like I had a mastectomy. (In other words, I have mostly super-attractive skin with nipples  and skin weighs much less than actual breast tissue.) Sooo... I'm saving for my breast lift after my TT.  But, it's ok. I'm patient - and it will be worth the wait!!  And, your surgery will be worth the wait too!! 

BTW, I just looked at your Italy pics, and OMG not only is the scenery gorgeous, but SO ARE YOU!! Wow, what a transformation, pretty lady!! 

Hugs!! 

DEBI R.
on 10/9/09 11:57 pm - CORSICANA, TX
Congratulations Robin!!  I weighed 395 and had the circumferential TT with anchor cut and I still have back fat not as much but still have some. Unfortunely I didn't have a good surgeon and need revisions my stomach is not flat and I have loose skin on it and my arms both. I wish I would have asked more questions and chose a plastic surgeon that was familiar with WL patients then I wouldn't need revisions. Good luck with yours. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

~ Robin ~
on 10/10/09 4:39 am - Muskegon, MI
Thanks, Debi! I'm so sorry that you're unhappy with the results of your TT. That's a big disappointment for you. :( I wish you luck with your revision - you've come too far to be unhappy with your results!! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/09 4:38 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Robin,
Congrats on your awesome weight loss!

I had a Tummy Tuck done 5.5 weeks ago.  I too had a lot of loose skin above the belly button and on the sides so I had the anchor cut.  I didn't have too much in the way of rolls on the back but there was some.  You can see in my pictures that my back has no rolls now because by doing the anchor cut the surgeon is able to pull skin forward so it does help with the back somewhat.  I do not think it will take care of serious rolls but if they are minor like mine was it could help.
I also had a very minor lift of the back area when the breast lift was done.....he took the incision out about 4 inches (covered by my bra).

You should definitely ask your surgeon what he/she suggests for eliminating the back rolls.

So far as caring for yourself............I was able to get myself up out of the chair on day 3 and was able to do all my "business" by myself from day 1.  I did have help with the first 3 showers I took but after that I did the showers by myself too.  Sooooo I think you'll be ok.
Tip - Get a toilet seat riser.  It was the best thing I got.  Without it it's difficult to get on and off the toilet.  Having the riser made it so easy.  CVS sells one for about $25.00

I LOVE the results from my TT....so flat and the incision is not as bad as I feared it would be.  I have pictures posted (have to be a friend) that shows my before and after.

Best wishes to you on your journey.
Ruth

~ Robin ~
on 10/10/09 4:47 am - Muskegon, MI
"I also had a very minor lift of the back area when the breast lift was done.....he took the incision out about 4 inches (covered by my bra)."

When I have my breast lift (hopefully next year! I am self-pay and have to do one surgery at a time for financial reasons.) my surgeon did say that she will do this same thing to take care of that roll of skin right there on the sides of my breasts. She said she will go almost all the way around to my back. Sounds like a good plan to me though!! I hate that little bulge of skin that pops out of my bra under my armpit! LOL 

I will ask her again when I see her (a few weeks before my surgery) what I can expect my back to look like after, but I think any improvement will be a good thing!! 

I really appreciate your advice and if you don't mind, I would like to add you as a friend so I can look at your results.

Thanks again!! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/09 5:30 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I know what you mean about being self-pay......I'm self-pay too.....the money just pours out so quickly.  But hey, I'm worth it.  :-)

I'll watch for the friends request......
TTFN
dw45
on 10/10/09 7:24 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Hi Robin!

I just wanted to say HELLO and to say we share the same surgery date!  I'm going to Dr. Sauceda for my "anchor cut" tummy tuck on December 17th!

We will both start our New Year out with some "flat" tummies!!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Most Active