Recliner after TT???

MistersMom65
on 10/9/09 4:16 am, edited 10/9/09 4:29 am - TN
I've found a Medical Supply that rents a lifting recliner for one month for $195.00. I'm trying to get some input as to did the recliner make a difference? Did you NOT use a recliner & have problems getting in & out of bed? Looking for some of you GREAT veterans that will share with a "anxious,nervous, wanting to make the right choices" woman!! Thank you for any input you can/do/will give!!!

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

BigCityGirl
on 10/9/09 4:26 am - San Diego, CA
I borrowed a LaZboy from my brother and I lived in that chair - day and night- for two solid weeks following my LBL two years ago.  There was no way I could have gotten out of bed following my surgery.  I didn't need a lift chair.  I highly recommend getting a chair.  The drains alone make it impossible to sleep any way but on your back. 

Good luck.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
MistersMom65
on 10/9/09 4:30 am - TN
Thank you!! I guess I'm looking for some validation for paying the extra money!!! The TT has tapped me out!!

Ms Shell
on 10/9/09 5:08 am - Hawthorne, CA
The things that I couldn't live without...my recliner and my toilet seat riser...OMG I can't imagine getting in and out a bed.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

MistersMom65
on 10/9/09 5:46 am - TN
I already got the toilet seat riser from CVS!! LOL

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 6:35 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I used the recliner the first 3 nights but then got into bed.  I propped up 4 pillows so I was really on an incline...I also put 2 pillows under my legs.  I was sort of "V" shaped.  For me it worked out fine being in bed that way.  There is no way I could lay flat in bed...I still can't and I'm 5 weeks out.

Best wishes
Ruth
MistersMom65
on 10/9/09 8:32 am - TN
Thank you for the reply! Are you still feeling bad? If not for this muscle pull would you be feeling back to naormal at 5 weeks out?

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/09 9:16 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I have been feeling FANTASTIC up until yesterday.  I've been absolutely amazed at how good I've been feeling.  I'm so upset with myself that this has happened.  Because I've been feeling so good I really thought I'd be ok on the treadmill.  ARGH!
O. Kufi
on 10/9/09 7:33 am

I napped in the recliner but slept in my bed. I would have extra pillows on the side which helped me to balance and scoot forward slowly to get up in the recliner. I used pillows propped up and a large pillow wedge under my feet in the bed and yes had to sleep on my back but my orthopedic surgeon had already instructed me no sleeping on my side so I was kinda use to it. Kinda the same thing in the bed using pillows to help give me leverage to sit up from my side. We have comfort height toilets at home but if you are taller than 5 feet and have a regular toilet the riser is the way to go.

If you have a strong upper body then you might do fine with a regular recliner and the bed.  But if you struggle with upper body strength then the chair lift might be better for you.

God speed in your decison!  

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

MistersMom65
on 10/9/09 8:31 am - TN
Thank you for the reply. I have only half of my left arm so it makes sense that I would NEED the lift chair! Thanx!

Most Active