The Good News is..

azreggie
on 10/8/09 5:30 am - Tucson, AZ
I just got a referral to see a plastic surgeon for my tummy tuck!  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  I believe that Tricare will cover it if there is a "medical necessity"  I hope so because I really want to have this done.  I'm tired of the excess skin and rashes.  I think it would really help the way I feel about my self and how I look.  So, does anyone know how long the process takes? Just a question.

Reggie

jillianD
on 10/8/09 11:20 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I have no idea how long it will take but good luck!  I just had a belt lipectomy through a MTF.  It that the way you are going or are you seeing a civilian?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

azreggie
on 10/8/09 3:15 pm - Tucson, AZ
OK, I don't know what you mean by a belt lipectomy through a MTF.  Could you please explain since I'm new to this forum.  And yes, I will be seeing a civilian plastic surgeon.

Reggie

Redhaired
on 10/8/09 10:09 pm - Mouseville, FL
Not the op but --belt lipectomy is lower body lift and MTF is military treatment facility.  She had a lower body lift on post (base).

jillianD
on 10/9/09 2:24 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You got it, thanks for responding for me I was asleep early last night!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Redhaired
on 10/8/09 10:55 pm - Mouseville, FL
It should not take long once the plastic surgeon submits the paperwork.  Tricare is a strange beast.  Some folks sail through the approval process and others have to appeal.  You should be in good shape however, if your skin issues are well documented.  What they will be looking for is evidence that the excess skin is making you sick and as I understand it, they will be looking at how far the panni hangs.

Red

azreggie
on 10/9/09 1:04 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the clarification.  My rashes are well documented and my surgon was the one who put the referral for me for a plastic surgeon. And since I live in Arizona, the skin issues won't be going away any time soon.  If ya know what I mean.

Reggie

Redhaired
on 10/9/09 1:22 am - Mouseville, FL
I get it -- I live in Florida!  Tricare turned me down, but since I had a different route I could take I did not bother to appeal.

Red

Most Active