Update 2 weeks post LBL

DS Facts
on 10/8/09 12:55 am
Hi!

Just got back from seeing my surgeon. I had 3 of the 4 drains removed, I was really hoping for all 4 but I know it's better to have that stuff being drained out of me then absorbed in me. For those open surgery people out there who had drains removed, this was NOTHING like that (the most pain I have ever felt in my life). I didn't even feel 2 of the 3 coming out. I am flabbergasted by the whole experience. Drain removal = no pain at all, who knew!

I also have some really good news. My belly button is back! My true, original belly button, unharmed was hiding in a large group of stitches and when he undid them today, POOF,  there it was. I 'm happy. I will admit it made me question the surgeon thinking the fact I would be belly button less was not discussed with me before surgery, but as it turns out, it was preserved totally, not cut around and stuck back in even, it was pulled over back into position. This has given me a great deal of relief and not only restored my faith in my plastic surgeon but raised it. He did a great job on me.

There is still one spot of concern where the anchor incision meets; it's pretty nasty looking and is going to take a long while to heal. The rest of the incisions look fantastic.

I stopped taking all pain killers on Saturday. I am almost totally vertical now and am able to sit in normal chairs, albeit carefully and a bit reclined. I went for breakfast with a friend of mine before my appointment and sat in a booth. I can pick things up off the floor so am pretty much ready to head back home. I will just have to make sure I don't lift anything heavy for a while. I'm feeling pretty good, swelling isn't too bad. I lost 6 lbs of water weight and I think I have about 5 more lbs to go (based on pre-op weight and what he removed).

So far, so good. I'm really happy with how the incision look, the results and how I feel. If any pre-ops out there have questions feel free to ask.
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/09 1:22 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on your surgery and on getting the drains out.  So glad to hear you are healing nicely.  I too was terrified to have the drain taken out but it turned out to be nothing at all.  I'm a sissy sometimes!

Best wishes on your continued recovery.
Ms Shell
on 10/8/09 4:17 am - Hawthorne, CA
Congratulations on being 2 weeks out, I am enjoying this one day at a time cause each day is better then the last...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Renee2007
on 10/8/09 11:15 am - Central, FL
I'm so glad you are doing well, Bev. I hope the spot on your incision giving you trouble starts to heal up for you. That's a tender part of the incision and it's not unusual for it to be a problem spot. Otherwise it sounds like you are healing nicely. Congratualtions!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

O. Kufi
on 10/8/09 12:36 pm
Awesome. those drains are a necessary evil.  Glad you are happy with your belly button and your experience. It is awesome to be able to complete your transformation.

I pray that you will continue to heal well.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Soaplady
on 10/9/09 12:16 am - Guilford, NY
Glad to hear things are going well. Good luck with that stubborn area. I hope it will heal nicely too! Congrats on the bellybutton...it sure would be hard not to have one!

Who was your surgeon??

Soapy
Most Active