hysterectomy and TT

summer24
on 10/8/09 3:26 am
I was scheduling my next round of plastics, BL/BA and mini brach, when I went for my annual GYN checkup, and it turns out that I need to go in for a hysterectomy.  So my plans need to change.  I now have to move up my TT or LBL so that I can take advantage of the required surgery, while putting off my other surgery.  My concern is the pain and healing.  has anyone had these procedures together?  How much time will I be out of work?  Has anyone had the pain pump used?

Thanks!
Adele
(deactivated member)
on 10/8/09 5:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Adele,
I have had both a full hysterectomy and an extended TT but not together.  I would think there will be no more pain than if you had just the TT because of all the cutting and muscle tightening with the TT.  Stay on top of the pain meds and you should be fine.    Some hysterectomy are done Laparoscopicially so that makes it a little easier (I  had to have the full cut bikini line incision when mine was done 9 years ago).

I had the On-Q pain pump with my TT....I had NO pain in my incisions.  I don't know how bad it would have been without it but I'm glad I did get.  If it is offered for the inner thighs I'll do it then too.

Best wishes on your surgeries!

cleos_mom
on 10/8/09 11:03 am - phila., PA
I had a total hysterectomy and a full TT at the same time. the downtime is really for the hysterectomy not the TT.insurance paid for the hysterectomy but I had to pay for the PS and
2 extra hrs O.R and anesthesia,  hysterectomy required a 4 or 5 day hospital mstay TT you can go home the same day. I was done on Friday Dec 12, 08 and I was suppossed to stay in till tuesday but I did so well I went home on Sunday. Downtime for a hysterectomy is usually 6 weeks, I was able to drive after day 12.
I was denied by insurance and didn't have time to appeal it cause I had cervical CA and my stuff had to come out.. I didn't use the pump. I have a high pain tolerance I guess, cause I only asked for tylenol actually the pain I had was from the TT, from walking bent over my back hurt. as soon as I was able like the next a.m. they let me out of bed and I kept walking to get rid of the gas. the PS my incision then the GYN did his thing then the PS finished and he closed me now my PS does not use staples. I think that was why I wasn't in any pain.
Good luck to you
Susan
Most Active