Getting up & down

MistersMom65
on 10/7/09 8:40 am - TN
I'm 2 weeks out from TT. After the anxiety about discomfort my next concern is about getting in & out of bed. How did/are you getting out of bed? Did/do you have to have help?

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/09 10:37 am

I had my tummy tuck breast augmentation on 8/24/2009.  For the first 3 weeks after surgery I slept in my recliner and I needed assistance getting up from the recliner most of the time.  I moved to my bed at week 4, but I slept in a sitting position with 4 pillows behind me and a neck pillow.  At six weeks post-op I am finally able to sleep on my side and without being propped up on pillows (i believe a lot of my discomfort was from the breast implants after the 4th week).

Good luck with your recovery and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Sherline

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/09 11:54 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I had my extended TT 5 weeks ago today.  I slept in a recliner the first 3 nights then went to bed but had myself propped up with 4 pillow so that I was more or less sitting up on an incline.  I put 2 pillows under my legs to elevate them.  I slept that way for the next 4 weeks.....I'm just starting to lay down in a more normal sleeping position and roll onto my side with a pillow between my knees.

So far as getting out of be by myself I've been able to do it most of the time.  The only time I got stuck was early on if I slid down too far.  I bring my left leg up and wrap my arms around my knee then pull myself up...it takes all the strain off the stomach muscles.

FYI - It was harder for me to get out of the recliner because I could not get the foot rest down.  Once I had help getting the foot rest down I was able to get up out of the chair.

Best wishes .....
TTFN
Ruth
Melissa M.
on 10/7/09 12:59 pm - Seabrook, TX
I slept in my lift recliner for 2 weeks before I even tried the bed.  That was the wonderful part of having a lift chair, I didn't have to deal with pushing the leg part down!  I was able to get up and down from that just fine.  The bed was more of hassle for me because my bed is so high.  I had to get a step stool to get on and off the bed.  I did have to get someone to help me get up a time or two but managed by myself pretty quickly.
Most Active