Considering having another baby...already had TT

Jamie B.
on 10/6/09 10:33 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Has anyone had a baby AFTER their TT?  What was your stomach like afterwards??

My muscles are super tight right now and the surgeon told me that when they did the muscle tightening, they didn't have to do lots because my stomach muscles were in pretty good shape on their own. I am wondering how they will hold up against a pregnancy though..
Anyone go through this?

HW/SW/Pre-op/CW/GW
317/307/301/142/135

Pura Vida
on 10/7/09 12:54 am - Costa Rica
I got pregnant with TWINS after a tummy tuck!!  I did get some new stretch marks, but now after they were born my stomach is flat, just with some stretch marks. I was about 6 yrs out from my TT when I got pregnant, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Heather

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 10/7/09 1:05 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I've heard of women getting pregnant after a tummy tuck and they claimed that their stomach bounced back pretty well.

I, myself, am nervous about getting pregnant. I had a vertical incision with my lower body lift which is thick and ropey and I had a feeling it's going to hurt to stretch. :(
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Jamie B.
on 10/7/09 2:22 am - Newmarket, Canada
I had an anchor cut (vertical and horizontal) but my TT scar is very fine and almost faded. I had the TT in April 2008
As for stretch marks, I have a tonne anyway from being over 300lbs. so no biggie there!

HW/SW/Pre-op/CW/GW
317/307/301/142/135

Most Active