Would like your input on Butt Lift and Inner Thighplasty

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 2:32 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
As many know I had my Tummy Tuck done recently..... It will be 5 weeks ago tomorrow.  I'm healing very well and trying to decide what to do next.  I'd like input from folks who already had their LBL and Inner Thighplasty (long incision) done.

I can't decide if I should do the Butt and Outer Thighs first or do the Inner Thighs and Arm revision first.  Here's why I want to have the inner thigh and arms done first........I'm going a fabulous long vacation next year  and would like to be able to wear shorts (not short shorts) and a swimsuit without having raw scars running down the length of my inner thighs and arms.  For my body after about 8-9 months the scars have pretty much faded so I'd like to have that much time for healing.  To do that I'd have to have the inner thighs and arms done next.
BUT........ does it make more sense for long-term results to have the butt and outer thighs done first?  My logical side tells me I should do the butt and outer thighs first but my emotional side "wants" the inner thighs done. 

If dreams come true I'll be able to convince my surgeon to do them both at the same time but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for that....

Of course I'll discuss this with my surgeon again next week but I thought I'd try to get some info from you guys who have already been through this.....

As always any and all input is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
Ruth
katiekat412
on 10/6/09 2:58 am
I'm sorry I can't really answer your questions, but I can tell you that I was illogical for some of the same reasons. I think it would make more sense for me to get my thighs done first, and to get the rest of my work done in the spring. I've decided to do the opposite however, because I can't stand my boobs a minute longer, and because I want my arms scars to fade by summer. My surgery is next month, so I don't know if that will happen, but I'm going to try!
I can't think of a logical reason about why one of your surgies should preceed the other though. I guess it s a question for your surgeon, but otherwise, I say go with your gut.

Good luck!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

michelle1123
on 10/6/09 6:33 am - San Francisco, CA

Katie,

I took the same approach as you... that is, having my arms and boobs done first.  My decision was based entirely on logistics and my work schedule, but all turned out fine.  While my doctor doesn't have any concerns with me doing my proceedures in this order, the only thing he said was that doing the LBL first is good because he could then revise anything that needed revising.  But, the same applies to upper body work revisions during a LBL.  

Anyway, good luck in your journey!

Michelle  

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 10:09 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I know what you mean about wanting the scars to fade by summer.....that's why I did my arms first back in March.  Unfortunately for me I need a revision so I've been dealing with the scars for many months.  At least I know it will eventually fade.
Best wishes on your future surgeries....
cleos_mom
on 10/6/09 7:00 am - phila., PA
Hi Ruth
 only you can answer that, whatever bothers you the most, I know how bad your arms bother you & since that is a revision whatever you do think of doing the revision first .
good luck
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 10:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Susan!
I know what you mean.  I'm just wondering if there is a benefit to doing the inner thighs last....
I will discuss with the surgeon next week to get his take on it.

I really hope I can convince him to do both at the same time but based on past discussions I don't think he'll agree to it.  We'll see......

Thanks for the input!!
Ruth
O. Kufi
on 10/6/09 8:02 am
Hi Ruth......I must concur...no logic, go with what bothers you most and if its not exactly perfect you can have it fixed on the second round.

Here's to enjoying life!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 10:06 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yepper........life is good!!
Melissa M.
on 10/6/09 12:55 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm not sure if I understand the type of outer thigh surgery you are having.  Are you going to have an incision run down the outer part of your thighs or is this the second half of the LBL that runs across the lower back that also includes lifting the outer thighs?
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 1:23 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Melissa,
The outer thigh is part that is usually included with the LBL (TT, Butt and Outer Thigh).
No additional cutting on the outer part of the thigh.
It is the 2nd half  of the LBL that runs across the lower back and lifts the outer thighs and butt.
Most Active