Brachioplasty

marianacc
on 10/6/09 5:02 am - Mexico
 hi, this is my 1th time posting here.
im 24 years old, had my RNY 20 months ago and im gonna have my plastics this january. 
im having a brachioplasty and a TT together. 
im really worried about the brachioplasty, and i would love to hear about what ur experience has been with  ur plastics.
i know the scar will worth it, i'm more corcerned about the pain and the recovery.
and also if u are happy with ur results. or u wish u had more skin removed or  u knew something before the surgery.
im very young so my mom and i are very nervious about this plastics but i know i have to do it so i hope everything turns out great!. i would hate that after all that pain don´t be happy with the results. but i know it has to be done anyways lol.
thanks!

BonBon1
on 10/6/09 7:35 am - Somewhere, GA
I just wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery.  I'm planning on having the same things done soon, hopefully will be scheduled before the end of the year , if possible.  If I have mine done before you, I'll post and let you know how it went.
                            Bonnie
sonnieN
on 10/6/09 7:53 am - grand rapids, MI
I had LBL & brachio in July. My arms were never a problem for me in the recovery. Only issue I had was I overused my right arm initially but then moved things to be on both sides of my chair and no more problem.

I am thrilled w/ my results. Every once in a while I look at them and think more could have been taken off but then I flex and see that there really isnt much extra skin. My scars are very minimal even now just a few months out. I actually don't mind wearing shirts now that show my arms.

Sonya
Redhaired
on 10/6/09 7:57 am - Mouseville, FL
The brachioplasty is not that bad.  Just be sure that you have everything that you need at around countertop level so that you do not have to reach over your head.  Oh and of course no heavy lifting and you will be fine.

Red

O. Kufi
on 10/6/09 1:11 pm
I totally agree, arms were not a problem. You learn to keep things nearby and wearing my comression garment helped alot. I am happy with my outcome. You are yound and have good muscles I think you will do great! I had my surgery in Mexico and my surgeries have turned out good. Try not to be nervous. Research your surgeon and talk to patients and be comfortable with your decision. Make sure you talk to the surgeon about their policy on revisions in the event you are satisfied or whatever just isnt exactly the way you want it.

I wish you God speed in your journey to an improved you!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

marianacc
on 10/6/09 1:31 pm - Mexico
thanks! im really excited!! glad to hear u didn had any problem u made me feel like it wasn`t a big deal lol.
and about the surgeron i don`t think gonna have any problem im lucky cuz my cousin is doing my surgery and he is the best plastic surgeron in the whole area and he has great result so im not worry about that. lol
thanks!!!
wendybear1
on 10/6/09 6:18 pm - Brooklyn, NY
My holes in my armpits from my brachioplasty are finally closing. I wish I had been prepared for the immense pain that the holes caused.

Other than that? I have one small spot of scar tissue forming that I am treating. The rest looks wonderful (and I'm not looking at the armpits yet, I'm just glad that they are closing).

It is hard for my surgeon to find a compression garment that works for my arms. The size medium he found is too small on my ribcage (and it has a strap there).

Most Active