Massachusetts Info

lbaa
on 10/6/09 1:18 am - MA
Does anyone know of a surgeon in Mass that will perform a panniculectomy before goal weight? I am down 80 lbs but given that I have the band weight loss for me is extremely slow and I still have 100 more to lose. My massive hanging stomache is causing me a lot of pain not mention walking let alone exercise is difficult.
Joanna O.
on 10/6/09 1:52 am - Manchester, NH
Look at any of the plastic surgeons at Mass General.
~*Joanna*~        
Redhaired
on 10/6/09 8:02 am - Mouseville, FL
Sometimes a panniculectomy is medically necessary long before goal weight is achieved.  Have you spoken to your WLS about a referral.  If you run into difficulties he might be able to help you.  With still having so much weight to lose you might have to have a  second procedure after you reach your goal weight but I do not think it is all that uncommon for some folks to have it done early.  In fact my WL surgeon sometimes has to do a panniculectomy prior to doing the WLS.

Red

Jadems
on 10/10/09 3:25 pm - Cambridge, MA
I just had one done from Dr. Christopher Davidson at Newton Wellesley. He and is staff have a lot of experience with post weight loss patients and I recommed him as someone who can get insurance coverage but more importantly, advise you how to reach your ultimate goals. It is a serious surgery and I too had gastric banding. So compared to that, this is far more risky and difficult in recovery. Trust me on that one......However,  I lost 130 pounds and had the band in July of 2006. I lost the weight in 10 months but have decided to get my arms, breast implants with lift and tummy tuck all at once NOW . I am glad I waited fto do it all at once for i am in recovery at the moment and I never want to go through this again. However, I have most problem areas fixed in one shot. Nice to know it's over and it didn't break the bank!  I was referred to him by someone on Obesityhelp.com when I was rejected by insurance and upset with my previous surgeon's staff's attitude. Dr. Davidson's staff truly cares and they are so knowledgeable with our situations it is night and day. Newton Wellesley also did a good job during recovery. I have facebook requests from the nurses! Good experience all in all. Good luck!
Most Active