MAJOR PAIN

Joanna O.
on 10/6/09 12:51 am - Manchester, NH
Last night when I got into bed I felt something like pop and then this sharp shooting crazy pain started.  Its dulled a little but its still really sore.  I don't know if all the walking I did yesterday popped something.  I am just so sore-- hopefully he will refill my pain meds. 

~*Joanna*~        
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/09 12:55 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Call your surgeon! Don't just cover it up with pain killers.....you should at least discuss with the surgeon or his nurse.....let them decide if they want to see you or not.
Joanna O.
on 10/6/09 1:05 am - Manchester, NH
I see him at 2:30 to get my drains removed and for him to tell me how i selected to have this surgery to deal with the pain and to quit whining.
~*Joanna*~        
Kim J.
on 10/6/09 2:30 am - Claremore, OK
Tell him you selected him over all the other surgeons you could have chosed....Show you some compassion!  Dang it! 

Don't you just want to smack them sometimes! 

I hope you feel better.  Give us an update when you get back from your visit.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Joanna O.
on 10/6/09 2:48 am - Manchester, NH
What is so irritating is that I am not the starlet that went to him to get skinny quick.  It took me 5 years before I even considered Plastics.  As all WLS patients know its not like we can take a tons of NSAIDS to get rid of the pain.  So 35 percocets was tad bit of insult when hes removing 10 pounds of just skin and I paid an extra 1500.00 to have him do a vertical tummy tuck.  He says there was no muscle tightening involved so I should just be able to jump right back on my feet.  Well I do his 4 times a day walks and I'm so swollen I probably could be the good year blimp.  Plus with all that walking it creates more pain which means more pain pills I try to wait until its unbearable but I realize thats just stupid too,  So he better have his prescription pad ready today because I am nice but not when it comes to being in so much pain that I can't sit.  He will get smacked.  I will even record it for you ladies =)
~*Joanna*~        
MistersMom65
on 10/6/09 6:15 am - TN
How did the Dr visit go???

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Joanna O.
on 10/6/09 6:54 am - Manchester, NH
He was an absolute sweetheart he told me how well I have been doing.  He was making jokes and he checked everything he said possibly the binder was creating the problem he gave me some other options of things I could buy a kohls.  I am not sure what would be the best idea so if anyone has a great option let me know, and he wrote me for some more pain meds.  Plus he let me shower.  SO yes EVERYONE I am CLEAN!!!!!

I think he is just more comfortable in his office with his staff then he is with the nurses in the hospital.  So as of right now I am binder free, drain free, and doing well.
~*Joanna*~        
MistersMom65
on 10/6/09 7:30 am - TN
I'm so GLAD he was nicer!! I was rooting for you that he would be better & take care of your concerns. What options did he tell you about at Kohls?
 ALSO.. Glad your clean...I was going to tell you that you were getting RANK!! LOL

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

Joanna O.
on 10/6/09 7:48 am - Manchester, NH
I know I feel human again.  He told me about this tan thing that just was basically was for your abdomen.  It was reinforced in the front and then boning in the back.  It looked like a tube top.
~*Joanna*~        
DS Facts
on 10/6/09 9:34 am
I'm so glad your appointment went well Joanna, makes so much of a difference to have your surgeon on your side. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Most Active