TT and drainage

troybear03
on 10/2/09 12:41 am - Kennesaw, GA
hey guys i had a tummy tuck yesterday and a total breast reduction. Of course Im a guy who was really heavy before gastric. Today is the first day out. I dont have any drain tubes. Of course I'm having leakage. Not to gross you out but the leakage is small amouts of blood. Is that normal? I am about to freak out over here.

Anjail
on 10/2/09 1:13 am - Detroit, MI
I have never heard of anyone having a tt without drain tubes. I'm not sure. Maybe it there is another guy on this board he can answer your question.
troybear03
on 10/2/09 1:16 am - Kennesaw, GA
Thank Anjail....I just called my doctor and he should be calling me back in a moment. I can't walk without leakage drippin on the floor. Was it like that for you?

Anjail
on 10/2/09 4:09 am - Detroit, MI
No it's not like that for me because I have two drain tubes that have been in for 3 weeks now. I thought since I had the drains I would not swell up. Well that is not the case because I am swollen like never before. I sure hope all goes well with you. Best wishes.  You lost a lot of weight.
Cindy F.
on 10/2/09 1:30 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Have no answers for you just wanted to say glad you called your Dr.  My day is Monday I am so excited and scared at the same time. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/09 1:31 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi
I know of a few folks who had TT's and had no drains but they did not mention anything about "leaking". 
If I were you I'd call the surgeons office.....talk to the nurse....that way if it is something important they know about and if it is not they can put your mind at ease.  They won't mind you calling.....go get the phone.

Good luck and best wishes
troybear03
on 10/2/09 2:28 am - Kennesaw, GA
Thank you guys for responding. I called the surgeons office and spoke with the surgeon. He informed me that it's quite natural for leakage the first day out. As long as it's thin runny type. Sorry but I am not trying to gross you guys out. It should end between today or tommorow.

kimmee2k
on 10/2/09 6:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Troy
I am an RN I have never seen anyone not have drainage tubes. But that could be your doc's technique. And I am trying to understand where you are having the leakage from. Did they stitch you or glue you at your incision? You could have a seroma? which is nothing but fluid but will need to drained for a few days and then the docs usually let your body absorb the rest.
Wish you the best
Kimmee
troybear03
on 10/2/09 10:58 am - Kennesaw, GA
You're absolutely right. When i called him today, he said it's just the fluid mixed with the blood. It has stopped running down my legs though thnk God. Yeah he used stiches for the areas. i'm just tired of changing clothes. i've changed clothes like 7 times today.

O. Kufi
on 10/2/09 12:47 pm
Totally normal for me. I drained a little more for about 6 more days. It wasnt alot but nonetheless I put extra gauze on it after 3 days, wrapped an ace bandage on it and went for walk on my treadmill and after that it only had about a dime size of drainage on my gauze pad for like 2 days and then it stopped. I think the extra compression and the walk did it for me.

Hope all is well with you!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active