Huge Seroma...

adam_
on 10/2/09 12:25 am, edited 10/2/09 12:28 am - Boynton Beach, FL

yea....just had about 1.5 liters of fluid sucked outta my abdomen....wow...i knew swelling is normal but fyi if you push on your lower belly and your whole abdomen shakes like jello, there's a problem...  call your doc.

the draining was painless and i may have to go back again if fluid continues to collect but it was amazing how much i shrunk in the 10 mins he drained me...probably lost 6-8" off my waist and 3-5 lbs...haha

i'm 2.5 weeks out from a tummy tuck (3 lbs removed) / scar revision / hernia repair, and feeling great by the way...standing fully upright for almost a week now....no pain...been back at work since day 7 (desk job).

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Anjail
on 10/2/09 1:16 am - Detroit, MI
You go Adam. I went to the doc because of swelling and she tried to suck fluid out of my stomach but nothing came out. This swelling is no joke and hurt like hell. I'm 3 weeks out today and still have both of my drain tubes. My belly is not really big but I can tell and I am swollen for sure. Haven't gotten the the shaking like jello stage.
Cindy F.
on 10/2/09 1:28 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
good to know.  My day is Monday.  I am so glad you doing well no pain and standing up straight.  Hope I do as well. 

Continue with a speedy recovery!!!!!

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/09 2:34 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW that's a lot of fluid!
I'm curious...did you have any drains in when you went home?

CONGRATS on lossing 6-8" off your waist...that's awesome!
adam_
on 10/2/09 3:58 am - Boynton Beach, FL

yep i had 2 jp drains but they were removed at my checkup just 6 days post-op, thinking that may have been a little early considering what happened...i'm the complication king though, so i'm used to this stuff...haha

well the 6-8" i lost was just from the seroma swelling over the past few days....as for how much the TT shrunk me, i dont think it's gonna be more than an inch or two, i was a 34 waist beforehand and my extra skin was minimal (2-3 lbs) and very low. I guess only time will tell once all the swelling subsides in a few months.

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

Most Active