Had My TT and Vertical Abdomialplasty yesterday

Joanna O.
on 10/3/09 2:37 am - Manchester, NH
Well my follow up is on the 6th and if I need more I will kick his ass and beat him for more.  He did have the balls to say to me though you wanted this as I was leaving though.  So he may say **** you. 
~*Joanna*~        
O. Kufi
on 10/2/09 12:55 pm
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh gentle hugs for the pain to go away quickly

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Joanna O.
on 10/2/09 11:07 pm - Manchester, NH
Awe thanks I appreciate the hugs
~*Joanna*~        
MSHAMO
on 10/3/09 2:59 am, edited 10/3/09 3:01 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

WOW, you are really trying to be tough, but I say it takes a lot of energy to fight pain. I took Vicodin for 6 weeks. My PS said Percocet is addictive, that's why they don't like to prescribe it. I didn't even get out of a chair by myself for 2 weeks!!! Take it easy, if you had any muscle repair, that's the hard part. Also, make sure to take your stool softeners, I always have a constipation problem with anesthetics and pain meds. Good luck and have some pity on yourself!!!!!!! edited to add, that in my case, I didn't have any pain when my drains were removed. It just felt like something moving, but no pain.

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Joanna O.
on 10/3/09 3:20 am - Manchester, NH
vicodin never works for me.  Its like taking a sugar pill I have no idea why.    I walked about 2 hours yesterday and am regretting it today.  I hurt in places I forgot I had.  Hopefully on Tuesay I won't need pain meds but if I do I am opening my mouth.  He said it takes 6 weeks to recover and that can't only be with 35 percocet.   I definately not a pill popper but I am not gonna scream in pain either lol.
~*Joanna*~        
Paula Chapman
on 10/3/09 6:11 am - Midvale, UT
Joanna!
Congratulations on your surgery.  In looking at your ticker, I see that you and I started at about the same weight.  I am getting ready for plastics and wondered about how many pounds of skin you had removed.   I have sooooo much extra skin.  Could you give me an idea of the amount for you?
Good luck on the rest of your journey!
Paula

Joanna O.
on 10/3/09 6:40 am - Manchester, NH
He took 10 pounds of just plain ole skin.  which at first didn't sound like a lot until I thought about it in chicken skin.  whenever i take the binder off to change the dressings its crazy how flat i am.  other then the drains and the pain it looks good.

good luck to you!
~*Joanna*~        
Melissa M.
on 10/3/09 3:00 pm - Seabrook, TX
Definitely take your pain meds.  They are the most helpful and useful in the first few days.  I was off my pain pills like by day 5 or something.  Maybe you will be lucky and the drains won't hurt when they remove them.  Mine didn't hurt at all and I took out the second drain out all by myself (with dr's approval of course!).
Joanna O.
on 10/3/09 10:24 pm - Manchester, NH
Well i definately trying to say ahead of the pain--but the way he sounded when I left the hospital I should have only been taking tylenol by then.  I dunno--  When I talked to my gastric bypass surgeon about him he said if you feel like you need more meds when you get your drains pulled even if its just to make you feel more comfortable and you don't use em and flush them then ask for them.  Hes a surgeron he should know taking 10 poinds of and pulling it is going to require pain meds.  Especially more than for a week.  i am glad people on here have been backing me up--I was starting to feel crazy.
~*Joanna*~        
~ Robin ~
on 10/9/09 10:59 am - Muskegon, MI
Congrats on your surgery! I hope your healing is smooth!! I have the same procedure in December as well. :)

- I will learn to let go what I cannot change, but I will change whatever I can. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Have you taken your vitamins today? 

Most Active