Should I put off my Plastic Surgery for TT?

kidneedonor
on 10/1/09 7:58 am
I have been at Goal 145 for 2 months now.. made appt w/ plastic surgeon and got a Nov 18th date. Last week I had major oral surgery boo coo teeth removed..so far I have lost 8 lbs, Was told I would probably lose another 10 getting used to the immediate dentures. Question is If I lose 20 lbs from this dental procedure and another 10 or so or more pounds this would put me at 105 !!!  Do not want to go that low  120 would be my lowest.. How much weight do you lose aft  TT ? Approx. I just dont know if I should put it off or go on with as planned.. Is this too much for my body  3 procdures in a year... Im no spring chicken (54) Input anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Natalie

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
Wendy_Canada
on 10/1/09 11:16 am - Canada
I had two total knee replacements and gastric bypass all within 13 months of each other. 2006

I had tummy tuck lower and above belly button , breast lift and arms done all within 3 months this year.  If your feeling ok and your blood work, ecg and all pre op works out your doctor is not going to to the surgery if he doens't think you can tolerate it. 

When i had my tummy tuck i was lower than goal weight.  I lost 5 pounds total and that was just skin because he said i had no fat to lipo or get rid of.  even losing the weight you have with dental procedures doesn't mean you won't gain some back when your eating returns to normal.

Increase your daily intake with a protein bar or shake.

Good Luck

Wendy

cleos_mom
on 10/1/09 11:51 am - phila., PA
I don't know about you but I didn't loose any weight after I got my dentures. your weight loos depends on how big your panni is, you shouldnt go under general anesthesia to close together,
I had TT & hysterectomy 12/08, april 09 I had inner thigh lift butt & back lift and on Nov 23 I will have brachio & lipo and I am 56 y.o
good Luck
Kim J.
on 10/1/09 12:15 pm - Claremore, OK
I don't think 20 lbs will matter so much.  I would be more worried about your physical health then the lbs.  If your PS knows whats going on and thinks you are Ok.  I would go for it if you feel up to more surgery.  Oral surgery can really hurt and make you feel yucky!  I hope you are better soon!

Good Luck with your decision!  PS is no cakewalk, but I am 1 mo out and Its doable!  LOL!

Kim J!.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Lori G.
on 10/2/09 7:50 pm - CA
 Aloha KD-

Not yet experienced in plastics personally , but I have had 2 of my 3 ( or more) consults. The two things I'd be concerned about are:

1) are you able to get enough protein in with your mouth/jaw issues? You gotta be able to get more than the normal amount in to heal fast, well and keep your immune system boosted. I'm going to be shooting for more than the 120g/day I get in now and ensure I have plenty of muscle to draw from should my healing body need it.

2) Are your plastic surgeons satisfied that you won't have much more skin shrinkage? Both mine have said that our skin continues to shrink/reshape and recommended not starting plastics til at least 6-9 months past goal- you'll only be 3+ months out. I have to admit that even though I have been at goal for 6 months,  my skin has continued to bounce back even though I've lost an additional 9-10 lbs... so you think there'd be more saggy skin instead of less. I know you're probably chafing at the bit to get it done, but would you rather revise a procedure later because your skin was still stretched out and the surgeon did not take enough, or wait 3-4 months more to see how much more shrinkage you might achieve?

Whatever your decision, I wish you happy healing and a smooth recovery.Congratulations! XOLori

Most Active