No belly button??????

plpnet
on 10/1/09 11:03 pm
So, I went for a ps consult a couple of days ago.  All sounded pretty good - get rid of the panni, pull up and pull down skin, repair a couple of hernias.  What really freaked me out is that he said he might not be able to save my belly button and wouldn't fix it until "later" if that happened.  This freaks me out -I saw a picture of some actress who had abdominal work with like, no belly button, and it looks too freaky to me.

Any suggestions?  Any experience with this?
DS Facts
on 10/1/09 11:34 pm
I just had my LBL a week ago and expected my bellybutton to be cut around and put back in, but I don't seem to have one. Not sure if something happened and he couldn't save it or if there was miscommunication on how he does bellybuttons. Looks ok to me. I know some people are weirded out by it but it doesn't bother me much.
MSHAMO
on 10/2/09 7:44 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Because I had repair work done on a baseball size umbilical hernia, my PS was unable to save my belly button when I had my TT. I'm almost 60 years old and no belly showing for me anyway, so I don't miss having one, in fact, my old belly button was so ugly, that I'm actually glad I don't have one. My PS said that he could make an incision to scar like a belly button, but I think when the original is gone, it's gone. Good luck with your TT, you will love it!!!!  
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
everybodys_auntie
on 10/3/09 5:41 am - Canada
I'm having the fleur abdomnioplasty in a few weeks with a massive hernia repair at the same time and my ps also told me I wouldn't have a bb after.. I think that'll be okay since I've always said mine was big enough to drive a truck in.:)

I'm hoping the tightening and fixin' will more than make up for it! :)

wondering
on 10/3/09 6:02 am - Canada
I thought it would be kind of neat if he didn't cut through my bb - was thinking about asking for no bb thinking it would be unique - apparently - it's not:-)  But I thinki it's something I would like to be told ahead of time.
L.

Jupiter6
on 10/4/09 6:41 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I lost mine to a messy umbilical hernia. It's really no big deal.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 10/5/09 12:34 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Why wouldn't he be able to give you your belly button? I don't have one and my PS gave me no warning what-so-ever. He said my BB looked normal. What's normal about a big round SCAR? I'm 22 and it would have been nice to feel comfortable with my stomach but it's not going to happen with the horrible job he did on me.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Most Active