1 week to surgery - head cold??

cbhjr98
on 9/30/09 10:37 pm
I'm one week out from surgery (at this time next week I should be waking up - ACK!!!!!!!!!!!  and i've got a terrible head cold. Anyone get sick this close to count down? What did you do, what did the docs say?

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Redhaired
on 10/1/09 2:19 am - Mouseville, FL
My best advice would be getting in touch with your physician ASAP.  Antbiotics will probably not do much good but you may need an antihistimine or decongestant.   Sal****er nose spray works wonders for me.

katiekat412
on 10/1/09 2:34 am
THat happened before my RNY. I still went through with it, but you can't if you are really really sick. I would take zinc, vitamin C. rest, drink tea, stay hydrated, take over the counter meds like tylenol cold for daytime, and do a supersticious dance around my house to make me will myself better :)

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/09 4:03 am - Haleiwa, HI
I am so sorry you are sick!  Start pumping Vitamin C and Zinc!  I love Zycam as well, and it always helps me get over my cold faster.

I also wanted to tell you good luck on your surgery!  I will also be in surgery 1 week from today!  I can't believe it is almost here!

Jessica
Kim J.
on 10/1/09 12:26 pm - Claremore, OK
Taking over the counter meds before surgery should be reported to your PS.  I got a few pages of things I couldn't take before my surgery.  Make sure you let them know everything you take before you go in. 

You might give the office a call and let them know you aren't feeling well and see what they suggest.  Fingers crossed you will feel better by this time next week anyway! 

I hope you are feeling better soon!
Kim j!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Most Active