Tummy tuck or lower body lift

corky1057
on 10/2/09 6:28 am - Holland, TX
That is exactly the same thing the plastic surgeon, who talked to me about doing it that way, said. He said my waist would be curvier. I'm all for being more shapely. Thanks for clarifying what an anchor cut is.

(((HUGS))) Mary      Pink RibbonSurvivor 

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Soaplady
on 10/2/09 9:57 am - Guilford, NY
Hi Corky,

To touch on what you said above...dont worry about the vertical incision. I had an "open" procedure 2 1/2 years ago and my incision really did fade a lot.

I am having a LBL and other stuff in Nov. and will have an anchor cut for that. Initially, I will look like Frankenstein or a patchwork quilt, but over time, it wont be nearly as noticable.

And being nearly 58, I am not as worried about it as I might have been 20 years ago. All that aside, gimme a few scars any day over all that flab!!

Good luck!

Soapy
corky1057
on 10/4/09 8:45 am - Holland, TX
I must say Soapy, for someone nearly 58, you look amazing. Just imagine how awesome you will look after your surgery. I'm with you about the scars. I'll take the scars over the flab any day too.

Soaplady
on 10/4/09 10:37 pm - Guilford, NY
Aw, shucks Corky, yer makin' me blush. I do appreciate it. I cant wait to get done and have a body I can actually say I LOVE>

You look wonderful...how did you post the before and after that is in your profile pic area, That is cool.

Be well and go for it!

Soapy
corky1057
on 10/5/09 2:07 am - Holland, TX
Hey Soapy. I am 52 years old so therefore somewhat computer illiterate. Here is a link to a message that Lauren sent me to help me with the avi pic. With step by step instructions it wasn't hard to do. Hope it helps!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/pm/mode,read/pm,3121812/arch iveMode,false/

Lori G.
on 10/2/09 8:06 pm - CA
 Aloha Corky! LTNS!

I too am investigating plastics, and my hope now is to have a belt lipectomy ( LBL with concurrent abd muscle tightening), BL+BA all at once. The first 2 surgeons I interviewed both said they'd do all 3 procedures on me at one sitting, but that they wouldn't necessarily opt for that in every patient. I have at ;east one more surgeon to interview even though I like the first one the best.  Here's my answer to a similar post on the VSG board a few weeks ago:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4028452/Going-to-a-plastic-surgeon-what-to-expect/#32657714

You've come so far! You are AWESOME! Your fan, XOXOLori

corky1057
on 10/4/09 8:54 am - Holland, TX
WOW Lori! That was quite a post. I read every word and soaked in the info. What great questions you asked. Thank you for your help.

You look absolutely amazing!!! I hope you get to say bye-bye to all that "OLD" tummy fat soon. Then you will be SMOKIN'!!!

Most Active