Tummy tuck or lower body lift

corky1057
on 9/30/09 12:57 pm - Holland, TX
I have been to two plastic surgeons so far and about to go to the third. I want my upper abdomen to be gone. I feel like it hangs over all my jeans. Of course I also want my lower abs to be flat too. So has anyone had a tummy tuck when they had the muffin top (upper abdomen ) and was happy with the results with a simple tummy tuck?

I am having a breast reconstruction due to breast cancer after a lumpectomy and several biopsies. What I really want is a complete lower body lift with tummy tuck done at the same time as the breast reconstruction. Any thoughts?

(((HUGS))) Mary      Pink RibbonSurvivor 

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

Vivian Prouty
on 9/30/09 10:14 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Corky,

You will need to ask your PS if he will do them both at one time.   Some will and some won't.   It all depends on how much excess skin that they will have to remove with the LBL.    Good luck on your PS !!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

corky1057
on 10/1/09 7:26 am - Holland, TX
Thanks Vivian. The two I have talked to so far say they will do the breasts and the TT at the same time. One doesn't do lower body lifts and the other said if I chose that, then they would have to be done in two separate procedures. We will see what number 3 says on Oct 13. I really don't have a lot of excess skin to remove.

Part of the reason I want to do them at the same time is that my insurance will pay for the breasts and if I can do the other at the same time it may save a significant amount of money since I already have the OR and anesthesia.

katiekat412
on 9/30/09 11:49 pm
A true tummy tuck (versus a panniculectomy) takes care of your entire abdomen, muffin top and all. A lower body lift usually means it takes care of the lower back and butt as well. Do you mean a "mini" tummy tuck? If you have a muffin top, I don't think that would help you. Ugh! Muffin top! I hate mine!!!!

Sorry to hear about the cancer, but I'm glad you are doing so well. It depends on your age, the surgeon and the quality of your skin if a surgeon would do it all at the same time. Technicially, I think its possible though. There are limitations for people who had radiation therapy however because it damages the tissue.

Good luck!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

corky1057
on 10/1/09 7:22 am - Holland, TX
YEP, I want the muffin GONE. I am so self conscious about it when I wear anything tight.

The type of radiation I had was done internally (called a mammosite), therefore I did not have any skin damaged. I didn't know it at the time, but choosing that type of treatment was a blessing in disguise,

dw45
on 10/1/09 12:24 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I have excess skin both above and below the belly button.  I'm going to have the "anchor cut" tummy tuck, which will address both the upper and lower parts.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

corky1057
on 10/1/09 7:06 am - Holland, TX
DW, tell me more about this anchor cut. I did have one PL tell me he would do an incision up and down through my upper abs and then across the bottom like a normal TT. Looks like an anchor to me. Is that what you are referring to? I'm a little concerned about the scar down the middle.

FLGail
on 10/1/09 8:34 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Corky, Do you know that their is a procedure called the Flap where you get a tummy Tuck the same time as having your breasts done. As far as I know they only do this on breast cancer patients. My girlfriend had this as a breast cancer survior and she was super happy with this procedure, because she got both new boobs and a tummy tuck. They take the skin from your stomach and use it to make your boobs and insurance covers it. Good Luck  Gail
corky1057
on 10/2/09 6:25 am - Holland, TX
Hi Gail. The procedure you are referring to is called a TRAM flap. It is for mastectomy patients. I haven't had a mastectomy, but have considered having one now. I talked to the plastic surgeon about it. Ironically, I don't have enough fat left in my tummy to make even a normal size breast. Who'd of ever thunk it, huh???

I appreciate your help.

M B.
on 10/1/09 12:45 pm - Warrensburg, MO
Hi,

I have more than a muffin top :)  I have a whole layer cake above my jeans.  I am having an anchor cut tummy tuck as well.  You are right there will be a long scar down the middle of the stomach, but I'm not worried about looking good in a bikini, just regular clothes.  My surgeon says that is the best way to address the over all stomach area, for me.  He will also be able to bring in my waist line more with this method.

Marilyn

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Most Active