Sauceda? any negatives?

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/1/09 4:47 pm

Once again a great post!  Thank you Finallyme!  I am not sure why there is much curiousity about Dr. Sauceda, other than it's unbelievable to some people that ANYONE can be that talented - that reasonable AND that caring!  I am a pre-op of his and thrilled to have found him.  I thank everyone of his former patients who have taken the time to post their experiences, share their pictures and all of their valuable information with all of us.  I appreciate them, greatly.  It's upsetting to continue to see people try to discredit Dr. S.  I, for one, will post my experiences and hope to help another see their dreams come true!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

johns-wife
on 10/2/09 2:10 am

Thank you for your reply. I will be sure to bring my pocket dictionary, my own internet card, and ask for an extra pillow for my boney butt. Is there anything else you can think of? I had thought to just tell him to do whatever he thinks is best, but should I make any demands regarding scar placement, etc. or should I just leave everything in his hands like I had planned to do?

finallyme
on 10/2/09 2:23 am - Canada
I went down hoping my scars could be placed for my favorite type of underwear to hide them...I showed him the type of underwear line I liked - my scars are within that range and are easily hidden. I say let him KNOW you desire it a certain way but he knows what works best. I left everything in his hands, I had no issues with how or where he placed my Belly button, I really didn't care where the scars ended up but it was nice to have the freedom to ask if they COULD be placed where I thought I could hide them best.
Really there is not much else I can think of that is helpful...OH...phone cards for calling home. I bought one at the convenience store in front of McDonald's by the hotel. It was a 100Pesos BEUNO brand card that card gave me 303 minutes of calling to USA or Canada. Best deal going in my opinion. You have to really take your time to dial on the hotel phone but other then that it was great - I called EVERYONE...girlfriends I hadn't talked to in years...I had nothing but time so it was nice to not worry about how much I was spending on long distance...but if you have some great cell plan then don't worry about it - Just one of those things I found that was great!
I would suggest that for food ordering purposes you bring something like a flashcard. You know with a salad or chicken or something just the word of food in Spanish so you can order your food while in the clinic...They order all meals in so you really can have whatever you want. I however only knew the word for chicken ...LOL...so I ate sandwiches and chicken because they understood English sandwich and I knew chicken in Spanish!
If you want more info please let me know.
GOOD LUCK!
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/09 4:28 am - Haleiwa, HI
Great question!  I was worried about scar placement because I live in the land of tiny bikinis here in Hawaii.  I practically wear a bikini more than I wear clothes, so I wanted to make sure my scars were as hidden as possible.  I asked him about this, and he told me to bring my bikini with me, and he will try to place the scars underneath it if possible. I trust him completely, but I also wanted to let him know what results I was looking for as well.  Breasts have different shapes, butts have different shapes, etc, and I wanted him to know what results I would like to achieve.  I even sent him pictures of breasts that I liked and of the size of butts that I wanted since I am having fat grafting.

Also, I made sure that I sent a confirmation email that laid out everything that I was having done by him and also the price.  I made it as detailed as possible.  For example, I put that I am having a breast lift with a lollipop incision with placement of silicone gummy bear implants to keep my breasts a DD.  I went in to detail about the other stuff as well, and I just want to make sure that I had everything we had chatted about on one email and have his confirmation so there were not any surprises.  After emailing back and forth with him so many times, I didn't want anything to get lost in email land. 

I hope that helps!

Jessica
thafatchick
on 10/2/09 11:10 am
On October 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM Pacific Time, finallyme wrote:
Going to try to NOT rant at this post.
All I can say is that the people who have opened themselves up on these boards DO represent the surgeons...not by way or monetary benefits or in any other fashion except out of true gratitude for a job well done.
I think EVERY single post op patient IS a walking advertisement for EVERY surgeon good or bad.
I am HAPPY and SATISFIED with my outcome, so I CHOOSE to be very vocal about my satisfaction as a thank you to my surgeon. On the flip side had I gone to Dr. Sauceda and had a hack job done - I would have been EVEN MORE vocal about it.
Some people would be embarrassed if they had a negative outcome and NOT want to say anything however I think this board is a TOOL and most people use it the way it was intended.

In response to the original question about negatives with Dr. Sauceda...
here is my very SHORT list ( if I was being TOTALLY picky)
1) I would have liked to have Internet at the clinic
2) The clinic (when I was there) had only one nurse that really spoke clear English - She worked nights and was LOVELY ( why I cant remember her name I don't know) the other nurse were equally helpful and friendly but it was hard to communicate ( I always got my point across and had no issues but it was challenging)
3) The clinic bed made my butt sore...I now have a very bony butt and the bed - because I slept inclined gave me a bruised cheek.
 Those are my negatives. ALL OF THEM.

So...my positives
BOY that would be a LONG list...I am sure none on here wants me to rehash my previous posts...if you go back and read them you will see I am happy, healthy and 100% happy with my surgical outcome.

For anyone who needs to personally speak to a prior patient of Dr. Sauceda...PM me...I will gladly give you my home phone number you can cross reference it with directory assistance...call me, lets talk...get to know me...I have pictures of me at my worst ( pre VSG) during my weight loss, pre plastics and post plastics...you can SEE it is ME every step of the way...I would willingly help anyone on this journey because I KNOW how horribly scary it is to decide to have PLASTICS let alone travel out of your country to an unknown person for plastics...I made that leap of faith and I don't regret it at all. All anyone can do is ask ALOT of questions, ask for your doctors credentials if you are worried about their training or background.

Some people ARE motivated in funny ways, I grant you that charming...but some people really just hope that other have the success they found using one particular surgeon. I don't know maybe their are some negatives to using Dr. Sauceda that I didn't experience. I had NOTHING negative...I enjoyed him as a doctor, as a person and I am fully thankful for the services he rendered to me as a patient. I refer everyone who asks to him, I will ALWAYS be supportive of him, his practice and skill due to the level of satisfaction I got out of my procedures.

I hope everyone takes the advice on this board for what it is...ADVICE...it is NOT a guarantee, it is only ONE way to research your options.
I wish everyone good luck.

So true.  
ThaFatChick
dw45
on 10/2/09 12:04 am, edited 10/2/09 12:08 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I actually met with Dr. Sauceda last Saturday at the Dallas OH Conference.  I am a real person and believe me he is a "real" plastic surgeon.  I was referred to him by my VSG surgeon, Dr. Alvarez.  I spent a alot of time with him on Saturday morning and then he joined us for dinner on Saturday evening and sat across from me at the table during dinner.  I feel 100% confident that he is an awesome plastic surgeon!  There were others that I met at the conference that I spoke with face to face, that have had great results after going to him.  He is NOT the only PS that I met with during the conference, but he is the one that I have chosen to do my PS surgery.  I have had two other PS consults (in the US) and have still decided to go to Dr. Sauceda.

I also chose Dr. Alvarez from online reseach.  He is by far the very BEST surgeon in my opinion, that I could have gone to for my VSG.  Both of these surgeons are "off the scale", when it comes to surgery skill, bedside manner, and after care.

If anyone has ANY additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

katiekat412
on 10/2/09 12:14 am, edited 10/2/09 12:15 am
I'm going to play middle of the road here. There are doctors who have done what charming says, according to the psjourneys board. There's a story of an office assistant serving as a false reference, so yes, it does happen. BUT that reference person was disseminated by the surgeon himself to get business. People posting here are doing it to give back. That doesn't mean that everyone here is an upstanding citizen, but I have to assume that if someone has pictures of themselves 150 lbs heavier, and is now thinner, and then has scars in their post op pictures and no extra skin, that they've indeed had WLS and PS.

That being said, it stands that someone could still be ripped off, but if it were me that got ripped off, I would be screaming it from the mountain tops, and posting here in a heartbeat. I, therefore, think that I can assume that no one here has had negative experiences with a particular surgeon.

Also, there is one member who had less than awesome results with Dr, S, but that's because she had extensive breast recononstruction from a past PS mishap with a different surgeon. He corrected her breastts BEAUTIFULLY, but her TT wasn't tight enough. I beleive he is fixing it at no cost.

I also consulted with two local surgeons. One I couldn't have surgery with because of cost. The second was given me a discount  because I worked in the hospital and the panni was covered by insurance. I still decided on Dr. Sauceda and will be there in November.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your decision and only do what you are comfortable with.

Kat

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/09 4:44 am - Haleiwa, HI
Well said Katie!  I obviously am outspoken, so I would also be speaking out if I didn't get the results I wanted.  I know that he is not perfect, and I don't expect perfection. I am having multiple procedures, and I do hope I get the best result possible, but I also have to be realistic that I may not get 100% satisfaction.  I also know that I need to follow his instructions about not lifting, taking in extra protein, etc, so I get the results I am looking for.  I sure don't want to bust a stitch by lifting something heavy!  That could mess up the results I want, delay my healing time, and make my scars larger.  I also like that he will do your revisions free of charge if I am not satisfied, but I know I have to speak up to him about it.   I might have to pay for my flight and hotel, but that would be it!  That gives me even more comfort in my decision of Dr's.  

The member that was not happy with her TT STILL said that she would refer people to Dr Sauceda even before going for her revision.  I think that speaks volumes!  

Jessica
O. Kufi
on 10/2/09 1:07 pm
Well said Kat and Finallyme. For each of us the choise is ours and thereofre our responsiblity. Do your research, make a decision and own your choice. True noone is perfect but I am surely a REAL patient of of a REAL surgeon Dr Sauceda I think the absolute world of him. I have nothing but a good expereince with him. I have been to him twice and would not hesitate to return.

I am realitively conservative so I do not post unclothe pix but  I think I will post my arm pixs. I tell everyone who ask me, be completely honest with Dr Sauceda about your desires and he will honest with you about what he thinks that he can and can't do for his patient.

I did my research and made my choice. I own it and I am happy with it. The worst thing I could ever say about Dr Sauceda is that he drives like a bat out of the fire .....but then again so does everyone else that I have seen in Monterrey.

Love Love Love my Mexican Plastic Surgeon.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/2/09 6:04 pm
Hahaha!  I love it!  You know, if he didn't drive like a bat our of the fire, you would have been in big trouble!  I was a missionary in Haiti years ago and I learned to drive the same way.  Just hit the gas peddle, hit the horn and GO! 

I'd love to see your arm pics.  Thanks Again for all of the help you've given me and everyone else!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active