Anyone going to Monterrey in November?

katiekat412
on 9/30/09 3:53 am
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty sure my surgery is November 13th with Dr. Sacueda, so if anyone is going to be around, let me know! I am not pleasant post op (as I learned from RNY), but once I get through the first 3-4 days, I plan to be a peach !

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

Lisa0719
on 9/30/09 11:22 am - PA
Kat, do you have someone going with you?  I couldn't do November but when I do it (either in Mexico or here) I pretty much be on my own for recovery so I was wondering.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

katiekat412
on 9/30/09 9:01 pm
Nope. I'll be on my own. That was really depressing at first, but after hearing that a lot of people have done it, I'll make do. I try to look on the bright side- at least I'll be somewhere where there's an elevator and no stairs, and I'll have my doctor 500 ft away if there's an issue instead of relying on someone locally to drive me to follow-ups.

I told my mom six months ago that I would do this and to try to save money for a ticket- I know I should be the one to pay for it, I just don't have an extra $700 laying around. anyway, I think she was in denial. She didn't save anything and now she's mortified of me going alone. Oh well! Given that I'll look like frankenstein after surgery, it may be best that my family and Bf don't see me. I'm only really worried about the post anesthesia blues and the flight home.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

hippie_chick
on 9/30/09 1:36 pm - Pensacola, FL
I'm very disappointed I won't be able to go with you! I'm so far in debt and there's no hope of getting financed. If you ever have to go back for more, I will try again. Good luck!

NO man or woman is worth your tears... and the one who IS,
won't make you cry!!

Lap RNY 5/21/08 Pre-op - 222 / Current - 137 / Goal -135      

katiekat412
on 9/30/09 9:02 pm
Damn  you braces!!!!!!!!! Very sad. We'll have to meet up the next time I'm in Cleveland.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/30/09 3:50 pm
Nope Sorry Kat, I won't be there until 12/1  -- how long are you staying?  I am going to be there by myself too.  Is anyone else going to be in Mexico 12/1 thru 12/16?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

johns-wife
on 10/1/09 7:36 am
I'm planning on going to Sauceda in late June, if all goes well.
Soaplady
on 10/2/09 11:07 am - Guilford, NY

Hi Kat,

I am going in on the 9th so we will likely meet. By the time you are miserable, I hope to be peachy. But I am a wimp too...so no guarentees. I wil be there until the early morning flight on the 21st.

We can do alot of damage in Monterrey, dontcha think??

Lets keep in touch!!

Soapy

Most Active