Help

Anjail
on 9/29/09 10:26 pm - Detroit, MI
I have been swollen for 3 days now. Is it normal to stay swollen so long. I thought the swelling comes and goes. I have a DR. appt tomorrow. Sure hope nothing is wrong.
kimmee2k
on 9/30/09 3:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi,
You can have swelling for months. I wore my binder 24/7. That fluid will creep up on  you in your extracellular cells and stay there. You have to keep it moving. so a binder. I wore mine at night to bed at work all day only off when I showered and bathed for about 6 months. I know some ppl dont like that idea but it kept my swelling down and when I did take it off I never had a seroma there or any swelling after that. Hope this helps
Kimmee
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 3:14 am
Swelling is a normal part of a tummy tuck.  I am 5 weeks post-op and I just noticed recently less swelling; I've been told swelling can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months.  Are you wearing your compression garment at least 22 hours a day?  My doctor instructed me to wear my compression garment for the first 6 weeks religiously. 

Good luck with your recovery.

Sherline
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 4:16 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Swelling is normal and can last from 3 months to a year.
Try to do things to reduce your swelling.........
NO SALT!
Don't eat canned food or frozen prepared meals
Elevate you legs as much as you can
Wear a compression garment (one that goes to the knees or longer will help with swelling in the thighs)
Drink plenty of water
Don't drink soda
Avoid too much caffeine

Hope that helps...
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 1:10 pm
Two months later, my dear, and I am still swollen.  I was told I might expect swelling for another 4-6 months.

It's very individual, but you can expect normal swelling for a while.

Most Active