Nipple Inversion Surgery/Graphic

MistersMom65
on 9/29/09 5:04 pm - TN
Well I guess I'm just needing to vent/share. I had Nipple Inversion Surgery on Sept. 2ND. BOTH of my nipples were completely inverted & I  was embarrassed for them to bee see. After my BA they were more inverted. Well the day after surgery I went back in and 2 nurses saw me, I went back because it felt like I had ripped the stitch out in my right nipple. They said it was OK. The next week I went for my recheck & Dr told me that the nipple or part of it was dead.It looks/looked like there was a thick scab but not dead to me. He said to come back the next week. The nurses told me , again , that it was just a scab. LAST Wed. my breast started swelling up, the DAY before I was going to Gatlinburg with my family(Mom, Stepfather, Brother, Sister-in-law, niece & nephew) also bringing my Boyfriend, our first trip together. I went Thursday before going out of town and they told me it was an infection & gave me Cipro and pain pills. Well by the next day it had gotten worse, more swollen & red. Dr called me Keflex. Breast continued to swell over the weekend and I could see where the skin was about to erupt(could see pus)at my nipple. I sent several e-mails giving updates. I was on Vicodin the whole trip so I wasn't great company. Well on Monday morning, sure enough, it had erupted. We were on our way home so I called & was told to come right in when I got in town. The skin at the top of my nipple had erupted and the underside of the "scab" also. When I got to Dr's office(3 hours away) the nurse pushed on it and I could not BELIEVE how much pus & blood came out. Well I started pushing & we ended up expelling about 1/3 cup of it. (Sorry, Gross I know) and he flushed it out & packed it(I CRIED)Told me to come back today BUT make sure I put a q-tip in once a day to keep it open. THAT was brutal.Well I went back in today, showed him where under the scab I still had a small amount of drainage(not pus) and also told him if I pulled a small bit on the scab to let out drainage I could see white all the was around. I asked was that my healthy tissue underneath.. He tell me NO...That my nipple IS dead & that he wasn't going to do anything right now but that Oct 21st TT would go ahead as scheduled...I asked would it just FALL OFF he said no THEN HE LEFT!!! Well I was speechless...I had known from the start that there was a chance the nipples could die and accepted that when he FIRST told me but the nurse had ASSURED me that it was just a scab & would fall off. I also have not shown the Nipples to my boyfriend & have not told him about the dead nipple (which looks like a black scab in the middle of where my Nipple should be... GROSS) so now I need to tell him but it can/will be fixed...Also I never told him how BAD the infection was so I'm sure he didn't realize how MUCH pain I was really in. I guess what I REALLY wanted to share was...I'm very depressed right now that I may look WORSE now if nipple doesn't come out right...I feel bad that the FIRST  trip /vacation with my whole family as grown ups I was so out of it...That the first trip I went on with Boyfriend I was out of it...that this surgery has had these complications and now need revision...I didn't take my anti depression meds while I was taking the antibiotics and NOW because of the antibiotics I am getting a YEAST INFECTION!!!! I know that within the next few days I won't be this sad anymore..but right now I just feel like POOP!!
LOL I know I've dumped on all of you and I know in the scheme of everything this is not so bad and some of you have had SO much worse happen. I guess I just need to vent..
 Thank you for listening...we now take you back to our regularly scheduled programing.
 Thank you for your time & attention. 

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

alexalexalex
on 9/30/09 1:07 am - United Kingdom
OMG I'm so sorry you have had to go through all that! And that your Dr. hasn't told you how he thinks it may turn out. It's a lot to cope with all at one time and I know how bad you can feel when something goes horribly wrong at a time when things should be going really well. Try to relax, you don't know what the full out come will be yet. Try not to focus on how bad your trip with the boyfriend and family was, you have MANY MORE happier trips to come!

Thinking of you at this time please keep us posted,

Take care

Cindy F.
on 9/30/09 1:39 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
So sorry for all you have been through.  That sucks.  I am also sorry that your Dr was not more communicative with you.  That would help. I just wanted to send a big hug and let you know that I am praying for you to have a complete recovery with a good nipple. 

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 4:26 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
You poor thing.  My heart goes out to you.  I can't imagine going through this.
You surgeon should be ashamed of himself.  Seems to me you did the right thing by asking questions and raising concerns to them yet they didn't seem to take you too seriously. 

Did the surgeon at least tell you how or what can be done to correct this for you?  This is a major boo-boo on his part and I hope and pray he has a good plan in mind for you.  I would not wait until Oct 21st to find out what his plan is......if he hasn't already explained it clearly to you I'd go back to the office and insist he explain it.  You could also seek a 2nd opinion to validate the plan which might make you feel more comfortable.

Best wishes on your future recovery.
stonedk
on 9/30/09 5:06 am - Tomball, TX
I am so sorry to hear this. I had a Staph Infection and had to have my implant removed on the 16th so I know exactly how you feel. I had 104 fever for days so I am lucky to be hear. I hope you clear up and it all gets taken care of for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Darlene
Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/30/09 7:09 pm
You poor Sweet Girl.  I am so sorry you're dealing with this.  You are more than welcome to come here and vent.  I know I would want to vent if I were in your place.  That's horrible.  I know we all are aware that complications can happen, but it's not easy when they actually do.  This is a devastating complication for you.  It's your nipple and we, as women, know what that means to all of us.  I am hoping it will be fixed and it will be much better.  Take care Dear!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active