Anyone experienced any joint pain or swelling after surgery?

BigV
on 9/29/09 11:58 pm - UK
As the topic title says really, has anyone here experienced and joint pains or arthritis like symptoms in the weeks and months following plastic surgery?

I only ask because I am suffering quite a few nasty aches and pains along with some swelling (knees,ankles,wrists) and I am wondering if it could be a reaction to all the operations I have had over the last year or two??

As this has been going on for the best part of 9 months my GP is investigating me for rheumatoid factor arthritis (which does run in the family), but obviously I would rather it was just my body reacting to all this surgery or the antibiotics or anesthetic or something??

I'm in my 20's so I'm pretty young to be having this problem which is freaking me out as well.

Cindy F.
on 9/30/09 1:31 am - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
Not sure.  I have not had PS yet.  My day is Monday.  But I just wanted to give you a big hug and hope they get to the bottom of it.  Let me know what you find out.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/09 4:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I do find my joints ache more when swollen after surgery.  I have arthritis and it guess the swelling adds more pressure on the joints. 
I had a TT done 4 weeks ago today.  I'm still swollen in my legs and butt so I try to lay down a few times each day so I can elevate my feet and legs to reduce swelling....it is helping me.  I am also wearing a compression garment AND the binder to keep swelling at a minimum.

After my brachioplasty my arms and hands got real swollen for a couple days and my fingers were killing me!

One last tip..... I take Arnica Montana 3 times a day and I swear it helps not only with bruising but with swelling. too.  I have very little swelling in my surgery area (tummy) and since taking the arnica montana, drinking green tea, elevating the legs and wearing the extra compression garment my swelling went way down and remains minimal (even though just minimal it is still annoying and I which I would go away!).

Best wishes to you.

slowgoing
on 10/1/09 3:05 pm - CA
Oh yes, I was quite sore following TT with musc. Repair and hernia removal.  My knees especially were sore, needing a pillow in between and so were my hip bones for months!!
Most Active