Got approved! Stuff I will need for surgery and scars

trishy
on 9/25/09 11:12 am
I just found out today that I got approved for a panni removal from my insurance.  I am very excited!!!! woot woot!!!

I am planning to get the full tummy tuck with anchor cut and breast aug/lift as well.  Just wondering if any of you can recommend any types of creams or things to do to ensure that I have minimal scarring?

Revision Band to Sleeve scheduled 10/29

Renee2007
on 9/25/09 9:38 pm, edited 9/25/09 10:06 pm - Central, FL
OMG! Trish, that is such great news! I am so happy for you. Are you going to be using Dr. Nijher?

My scars seem to be healing nicely. I was told to use neosporin when they were still healing. I have since bought some Bio Oil. They carry it at Walgreens. I don't really know if it works because I haven't started using it yet.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

trishy
on 9/25/09 9:54 pm
Thanks Renee!! I am on top of the world right now.  Yes I will be using Dr. Nijher and I can not thank you enough for your referral. 

Your post op pics look amazing by the way.  I am hoping that my results are just as great!!! Dr. Nijher seemed confident that he could do it.  And he has dealt with lap-band patients before so that is also a plus (especially since he will have to move my port).   Thanks again for the fabulous doctor ;-))

Renee2007
on 9/25/09 10:06 pm - Central, FL
Thank you. I am very pleased with my results. I was just in to see him yesterday for my 3 month follow-up and I scheduled for round 2. I'll be having my arms and inner thighs done in about 3 weeks.

I'm sure you will be happy. I can't wait to read that you have a date. Best of luck and please keep me posted.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/09 4:29 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on your approval.

I have had great success with using Mederema cream on the scars (after they are healed...they surgeons usually let you start using it around week 5...it's up the surgeon.

I've heard good things about the bio oil Renee mentioned but I have not tried it yet.

I also used Silicone sheets on my breasts after my reduction and am thrilled with how flat and thin the scars ended up. 

Best wishes on your surgery
Ruth
trishy
on 9/26/09 8:34 am
Thanks Ruth!!! I have heard excellent things about Mederma as well.  So where did you find silicone sheets? I've never heard of them.  I have tried the bio oil but my (lap band) scars were almost a year old when I started using it so I did not notice much of a difference. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/09 12:47 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
On my breasts I used CVS brand sheets.  They are small squares...I cut them in half lengthwise and covered the incisions.
You can also buy them in longer strips or specially shaped for things like breasts.  Here's a website www.newmedical.com/purchases.htm  FYI - they do not work well on the arms after a brachioplasty...they keep falling off.....I spend almost $200 on them for my arms and they never stayed on so for my revision I just used the compression garment specially made for the arms....it worked well!

I'm going to order some for myself for my Tummy Tuck incision........I think my surgeon will let me start using them in about 2 weeks.

Best wishes!!
Most Active