compare Sauceda prices-Math snafu, but still seems like alot.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/25/09 7:50 am
I'm mathematically impaired, and apparently cannot even use the calculator on the computer correctly.

Even after re-adding all the procedures, it's a lot. The total price I have for combined procedures after correcting my math is $22,150.

There are quite a few things he's covering for this, so maybe the price is better than it sounded. After all, his skill is more important than a bargain.

If you had similar procedures, would you mind sharing how the cost compared (especially if you went out of the country, and particularly if you went to Dr S, since price is part of the reason to do so)?

I was happy he didn't feel I needed a lower body lift or boob lift, but I'm not sure it made much difference price-wise.

What he suggested I have done:

Large tummy tuck, with liposuction on the abdomen, sides, and back, and make a fat transfer to the butt.

Not much saggy skin on the lower back, so LBL not needed (one happy thing).

A thigh lift, with the incision from the groin to the knees.
An arm lift, but this can be with and incision only in the arm pit, and liposuction.
And an upper body lift will help with skin rolls on the upper back.

This would have to be done in 2 procedures.

First surgery:
Large tummy tuck, and lipo on abdomen, sides, and back, make a fat transfer to make a butt augmentation, breast augmentation (no lift, just aug) and small arm lift.
Price for these first procedures would be $12250 (all inclusive) and is a discounted price for combined surgeries.

Second surgery;
Thigh lift, and upper body lift. $9900 is the combined price for these.

I have more consults, but was wondering how these costs compared with others.
miakawa
on 9/25/09 10:21 am - athens, GA
MelissaF
on 9/25/09 10:21 am - Northwood, IA
I had a lower body lift, nothing else.  I had it in the states, after insurance coverage for pani, came in around 13k
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/09 11:05 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi there!  Now, I may be wrong, but it is probably more expensive because you are having 2 different surgeries, so you are going to have 2 different clinic stays, 2 different hotel stays, etc.  Don't forget that you will be reimbursed for airfare up to $600 as well.  I still think it is a great deal!  I had a quote from a Dr in the US, and it was 28K for lower body lift, and breast lift with augmentation.  That did not include hotel, airfare, transportation, or garments.  That quote actually had a military discount in it as well.  I had another quote for 32K from a US Dr that included a lower body lift, breast lift, and medial thigh lift.  That did not include clinic stay, hotel, garments, transportation, etc. 

You are getting 4 procedures in the 1st surgery and 2 larger procedures in the 2nd surgery, so I think the price is pretty fair.  My prices were not broken down by procedure, so I cannot help you there.   I am having a LBL, breast lift with augmentation, lipo with fat transfer, and small thigh lift. It is $14,600 with the $600 being reimbursed back to me for airfare since it was over $600.  You are paying about $2300 less than I am, and I am getting 4 similar procedures. 

Maybe someone has the breakdown of their costs, and that will help you more.  I hope it helps ease your mind a little .

Jessica

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/25/09 3:44 pm
Yeah, I realize it's a lot of procedures. I had hoped I could get it all done at one time, but that may not be possible.

I also thought that a tummy tuck instead of a lbl, and not needing a breast lift would make more of  a difference.

I'm also a little worried that I may not want to go for a second round, but that may be a whole 'nother thing.
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/09 4:16 pm - Haleiwa, HI
One great thing about Dr Sauceda is that he wants to keep us safe and not keep us in surgery too long.  That is probably why he doesn't want to do all the procedures at once.  He has told me to expect to be in surgery for 10 hours with my 4 procedures.  A large tummy tuck is very close to having a LBL, and you are having a upper body lift as well.  You are a brave woman!  I thought I was doing good by having 4 done at once!  :)  Are you worried that you are going to have so much pain that you won't want to go for a 2nd round?  I would be that the pain will be a distant memory when you see your amazing results from the first surgery.  Just think how fantastic you will look afterward!

Jessica
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/26/09 7:25 am
I agree it's not good to be under anesthesia too long, which is probably why the upper body lift wouldn't done until a later date.

If he gave me the choice to do it all at once though, I'd probably do it. I hate recovering, so doing it once would be a big plus for me.

Deanne
katiekat412
on 9/26/09 7:29 am
It seems reasonable because its in two procedures, and because of the upper body work. Even though the price is reasonable, I know it seems like a lot of cash!! It would cost twice that in the states though. If only that made the wallet feel better.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/09 1:17 am
You're shopping for a surgeon.  I know that money is a consideration for everyone, but my strongest, most passionate advice is to please not go bargain shopping when it comes to your health!!!

For what it's worth, my circumferential lower body lift was both a tummy-tuck AND a thigh-lift.  It was the same procedure.  And the cost to me was about 18K after insurance.

Please, please, please . . . money is not the only consideration!!!  Yikes!  You're asking someone to take a knife to your body!!!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/27/09 4:34 am
I couldn't agree more about money not being the first consideration, and one main reason I looked at Dr S was because he has good results, and I cannot find any complaints about him. I agree the quality of their work comes first.

The only other consults I've had so far, have been with surgeons that are within an hours drive, and while they are much more expensive than some outside the US, I didn't like some of the post plastic pictures. I'm also quite limited here as to plastic surgeons that do much post bariatric work, so I figured I'd have to travel, in or out of the US.

I'd happily pay a premium to go to a good surgeon near my home, but it's not a matter of money for that, there just aren't any.
Most Active