help

speicallady
on 9/25/09 8:18 am - bronx, NY
Hello everyone
today I went  for consultation to see what can be done with my breast.  I have just finished my tt, hernia repair on Aug 7, 09, two week later i developed a traveling blood clot in my right leg.
The doctors said my girls were not that bad, not much work,  a little sip and tuck, plus implants.

I came home thinking, cant a good bra just do?  I am tired.  every time I have surgery two weeks later i am back in the hospital for something else.  i have a choice to do my arms or breast.  I was feeling that I should do my arms and  call it a day.  Because of the clotting factors, they will only do one operation at a time. 

I am going to a teaching hospital, have a great doctor, the cost is not bad.
planning surgery around the end of December.  I am 50 years old (do I need my girls to sit up?)

i am trying to figure out what to do?  I need some impute of individuals who have been in my shoes.  implants are not for life, they may have to be replace every 10 years.  what about if there a problem, back to the operating room again.

I until Dec, to make a decision.

thanks

Deb

Redhaired
on 9/25/09 2:00 pm - Mouseville, FL
Deb-
I can so relate.  I have three genetic clotting disorders.  I have been on coumadin for four years.  And yep, they will only do one procedure at a time on me too.

I have had boobs and arms done.  I love my boobs but if I had to choose - I would have to go with the arms.  Getting the arms done makes a difference in my appearance with clothes on.  Everyone sees my arms -- only me and DH see my boobs.  Yes I do think my boobs look better in clothes now -- but a good bra can work wonders.  Oh and I am 56!

Red

speicallady
on 9/25/09 2:09 pm - bronx, NY
thank you Red for your imput
I also take Coumadin, how does that work when you need an operation?
is the medication stop?  are your levels tested  regularly?
I hate those pills, Just took three of them. but they save my life.
I am worried about complications with my breast.

Deb
Redhaired
on 9/25/09 2:29 pm - Mouseville, FL
I generally go off coumadin five days before surgery.  During that time I take arixtra shots.  Then after surgery they have to wait I think it is 18 hours before starting the shots again.  Then a couple of days later I start the coumadin.  I take the coumadin and the shots until my blood levels are in range again.  Also the docs always bring me into the hospital the day before a procedure and then keep me there a couple of days afterwards.

I get my blood levels checked weekly.  Occasionally when the level has held steady for several weeks I will go in every other week.

Most Active