back fat and skin

Jane E.
on 9/24/09 11:35 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
What type of surgery takes care of the bulges in the bra and back area down to the  waist?

Jane

cleos_mom
on 9/24/09 11:57 pm - phila., PA
I just had that done, my PS calls it a back lift, check out my pix
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/09 2:40 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It depends on how much loose skin there is on the back.  I've seen people with incisions that go from the side of the breasts and going all the way across the bac****il just before the spine and others have had a sort of curved incision that goes completely across the back (not so hidden by the bra) so it really depends on the individual.

I just had the bulge at my bra line removed without having an incision go all the way across my back....it is only about 5 or 6 inches long.  I have not posted a picture yet but will try to soon.

I'm sure others will respond who have had the procedures done....

Best wishes.

Jane E.
on 9/25/09 3:04 am - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
That is what I am planning to do on the 20th of October, is the one 5 or 6 inches.  I had my arms done and a breast lift with aug in April.  I need a revision to the right armpit so I'm going to have the back fat/skin done at the same time.  I want to make sure I'm doing the right type of surgery.   I also dont want anything to pull on the breasts.  I dont' want them under my arm  lol.

Jane

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/09 12:16 pm - San Jose, CA
I have some, but not a lot, of back fat and skin -- flubby stuff, but not a roll.  Agha is going to do what he calls a J-upper body lift in conjunction with my breast lift/mastopexy and brachioplasty, and move some of the fat into my deflated boobage, while tightening up the skin.

From his website -- this is what I am going to have done after I recover from the LBL:
http://www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/index.php/plasti c-surgery/post-bariatric-body-contouring/upper-body-lift/

For milder cases, a “J-thoracoplasty" technique will produce effective correction with a well-hidden scar. This technique developed by Drs. Agha and Hurwitz involves incisions that are placed vertically from the arm pit to the inframammary fold. Through this incision, mild to moderate cases of upper body laxity can be effectively treated.

Markings for the J-thoracoplasty. 43 year old patient
of Dr. Agha who weighed 270 lbs. before gastric bypass
surgery. She lost over 130 lbs.

I have to say, although that is NOT me, and my boobs are still a bit bigger, that really looks like what my upper body looks like.

This is how he does the autoaugmentation with the back fat:

breast surgery in Newport Beach
Click here to read more about the use of excess upper back tissue to augment the breasts “The Spiral Flap" pioneered by Drs. Agha and Hurwitz

In the pictures above, he used a horizontal inclision on the back, but he won't be doing that incision on me, because I don't have a roll -- it will all be through the vertical incision on the upper flank (between the side of my boob and my back).
Most Active