I knew today that I had "arrived" when . . .

Leslie T.
on 9/25/09 10:33 am, edited 9/25/09 10:33 am - Northern, KY
Love it!!!   You should be very proud of yourself :)
RNY 5/2008 180 pounds lost from highest weight.   TT and arms done 12/2009
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/09 11:02 am - San Jose, CA
I would never ever be tolerable to be around ever again if that happened to me. 

Now go atone for the sins of pride and (and oh crap, vainglory means UNJUSTIFIED boasting, so I can't throw that one at you).  And .. and .. being obnoxiously fortunate, how about that one??

I seriously got happy tears in my eyes over this story.  Mazel tov.

I will know I've "arrived" when I sit down while nekkid and my butt skin doesn't make farty noises without any help from my DS.  And when my neck skin doesn't hang over my turtleneck sweater like a -- well turtle.  And I can stop filling the room with powder every morning to talc my creases into submission and dryness.  And my lower arms stop moving when the upper part does.  And when I can pass the "pencil test."

But my real wish is that my sister decides maybe she should do this (WLS) too.
Melissa M.
on 9/25/09 2:36 pm - Seabrook, TX
I knew I arrived when my teenage daughter said my tummy was flatter than hers!!  She said it wasn't fair that I didn't even have a bulge or anything!   That totally took me by surprise! 
Kim J.
on 9/26/09 3:06 am - Claremore, OK
That kind of makes everything you have gone through worth it doesn't it!  I'm happy for you!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Most Active