I knew today that I had "arrived" when . . .

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/09 11:31 am
This afternoon, I realized that I had achieved my WLS and PS dream when . . . at after-school carpool, my son's 4th grade classmate hollered across the parking lot:  

HEY JOHN, is that yer SISTER?

My kid:   WHhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?

I SAID!!!  IS THAT!!!  Your other SISTERRRRrrrrrrrr!!!!

My kid:  HUH????????

That girl!!!!  Is she yer SISTERrrrrrrrrrrr???

My kid:  You must be kidding!!!!  This is my MOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!  [door slam!]

So that's it, folks -- seven years since I began my weight-loss journey, two years since I began pursuing surgery, and eight weeks after plastics -- I really do look about twenty or thirty years younger, I feel great, I look "regular" instead of liked a side-show freak  -- and I'm feeling that I've settled into a great new normality.

And also happen to look like the older sister of a nine year old (to a seriously myopic ten-year-old).

So:  How will YOU know when you've "arrived"?
Jennifer Q.
on 9/24/09 12:41 pm - Newton, NJ
That is the best story I read in a long time!! Good for you!! I would have had a huge un-removable smile on my face for hours!! 

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Renee2007
on 9/24/09 12:50 pm - Central, FL
What a great story! Good for you that even the kids are taking notice.

I often times go out to lunch with my son...he's 23. Just the other week we went out and we were walking up to the deli/sandwich shop and it had a glass front. He said "Well all the guys are checking you out, I'm not used to this, Mom!" I just laughed it off and changed the subject. It's not something that I've gotten used to. It's funny how at 280 pounds I walked through this world invisible!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Kathleen T.
on 9/24/09 1:27 pm
That was great I can't go to the extreme but I'm sure will like something done.  I'm a identical twin and love looking like her but I've always been over 80lbs heavier. Don't want to look to much difference people already asking her if I'm her young sister.  I'm not even telling her about PS until the week before.
"A Man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. 
Proverb 16:9
May not be where I want to be but I glad to be where I'm at.
Working at getting the rest of the way.

12/10/2012 I'll be having LBL, BL/BA, thigh & arm lift, eyelid
Body by Dr. Sauceda    booked to 12/9--12/22
inkerdoodles
on 9/24/09 10:19 pm - Schenectady, NY
you go girl...

Lisa...   HW/ 314.7   SW/ 280   CW/ 180ish

RNY ~ 01/25/2008 Terrence Clarke (Ellis Hosptial Bariatric Center).... Lower Body Lift with butt lift and upper thigh lift ~  07/14/2009 Sanjiv Kayastha (K Plastic Surgery) -- LOVE IT !!!!

dw45
on 9/25/09 12:13 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
That's so awesome!  You have done GREAT!

Job well done!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

LinR
on 9/25/09 12:39 am
Thanks for sharing.

What a great WOW story.

Lin

Sally W.
on 9/25/09 2:24 am - IA
What an ego booster!!!!! Good for you!
Sally
Monica P.
on 9/25/09 3:27 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I think I have a little farther to go, but not much...

After two years of weight loss, and plastics and having a ton of WOW moments, I STILL think I'm a fat girl. It will be a while until my brain catches up with my body.

I'm smaller than I ever was in high school. I've completed four half marathons and I'm contemplating a full one next year.

My boobs look enormous over my flat tummy and narrow hips!!! The looks I get from men, and the hilarious comments from my girlfriends on facebook are embarassing!

I want to go out with my girlfriends and be the "hot girl" instead of the average looking "wing woman".

mamapeaches05
on 9/25/09 3:28 am - Hot Springs, AR
Wow!!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about, little kids are open and honest.
Mama Peaches Diva on a Journey
I am somebody, I have a purpose, and I'm going somewhere
Just prazin the Lord wit my feet!

Running Man

Most Active