Exercise Post-Op Tummy Tuck

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/09 2:11 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
When did you get back on the treadmill or walking outside?  I'm thinking of trying it tomorrow or within the next couple days.  I'm 3 weeks post-op today.

How about bike riding?  I know I'm not ready to do that but wondering if there are any bicycle riders out there and how long they had to wait?

Thanks!!

PS- I have no interest in doing any kind of weight lifting or core exercise yet.....that can wait!!!
sonnieN
on 9/24/09 2:16 am - grand rapids, MI
I was outside walking one week out from my LBL (not fast or far) and increased the distance to about a mile at 2 weeks out. Started going to the gym and walking on the incline treadmill at 3 weeks once my second drain came out.

I waited to the other stuff until I was 7 weeks out (had to wait until 6 weeks for them to remove the final drain). I'll tell you, still at 9 weeks out the core stuff is tough. I know they tightened the muscles but they feel weaker when trying to do the core exercises (or maybe it's that they are still sore).

Sonya
Alice H.
on 9/24/09 2:29 am - Winterville, NC
great questions, I was wondering the same thing.  I'm scheduled for a LBL in Nov. so I'm reading with great interest all the posts so I will know what to expect.

thanks, alice
Alice in OneDerland
H:260 G: 135 
C:145 L: 131 BMI: 26 H: 5' 2 1/2" 
RNY 10/07  LBL 11/09
kimmee2k
on 9/25/09 4:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello,
I started back walking on the treadmill at 2 weeks post op on 3.0 no incline. At 4 weeks i was on 3.5 and incline of 4-5. But everyone is diffrent. No one can regain stamina and pace like another individual. Do it as youre body allows. If no pain then go for it. If pain then not too fast pace and ask your doc their opinion as well. I do not want to give someone advice that will harm them in any way. But my doc's advice was to do as I felt good but at a slower pace and increase and how I felt.
Continued Success,
Kim
Most Active