new rims on an old clunker

miakawa
on 9/23/09 12:27 am - athens, GA
My (no so) DH does not support my PS wishes. He says it is a waste of money at my age and PS for gals my age is like people who put expensive rims on old cars... just ignorant...meh... how frustrating. I know I'll never look like my avatar again since it is impossible to be 20 again, but geez. I'm only 37.. and even so.. Other people tell me I'm too young for plastics and I'd just have to have everything redone in 10 years anyway. I am so confused.. What do you guys think?
Ms Shell
on 9/23/09 1:01 am - Hawthorne, CA
I think the people saying that to you are insensitve butts!  I'm 39 and NOT anywhere near OLD and besides I figure I lived almost 40 years obese I deserve to live the next in a new car...ME!!  I'm worth it and more.

Why are they saying you would need to have it redone?

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Redhaired
on 9/23/09 1:27 am - Mouseville, FL
I am 56 and have had plastics.  You are a young woman with lots of years ahead of you to enjoy a healthy, responsive, pretty body.  I would say he is a clunker you need to park!

Soaplady
on 9/23/09 5:58 am - Guilford, NY
Maybe you can get cash for HIM!! heheh

thafatchick
on 9/23/09 2:54 am
Geez that was not cool for your husband to say to you.  Do you think he was just trying to let you know he still likes your body or is he just cheap?      I'm just wondering...

I say go for it.  if you have the money and want it done, do it.  Maybe he is jealous and thinks other men will want you and you might let them and want them back.   You are  young woman and very pretty in your avatar, if that's you.  It will only enhance your self perception and that is a good thing in the end.  If the insurance pays for it I would do it or if you have your own money I would also do it.  Good luck, maybe your husband will come around when he sees the results.
ThaFatChick
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/09 3:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Personally I think your DH is completely wrong!
I'm 52 and my SO totally supports me having surgery.

You have a looooooooong live ahead of you, why shouldn't you be able to enjoy to the fullest including having the body you want.

I say if you can afford it go for it.........and guess what, I'll bet after it's all done he'll say he's glad you did it.

You know, there is a possibility he is worried that will look so good that you will not want him anymore.  It's happened with others.  Even my SO has "joked" that by the time I'm done I won't want him anymore...I think there is a little bit of seriousness in his joke.  Just something for you to think about.  Maybe if you reassure him that you'll still love him and want to be with him he'll warm up to it more.  ??

Best wishes.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/23/09 3:46 am
I'm sorry your hubby has a sucky attitude about ps.
I just got a quote from Dr Sauceda for $24,000, and I was really bummed since that was the one I was counting on to be the cheapest. I said it may not be worth it, and my fiance said that he doesn't really think my skin is bad enough or boobs deflated enough to bother with plastics and he thinks I should just chill.

BUT, he then said that he understands that since no-one but him will see most of my body, what matters is how I feel about the skin, and feeling like **** about myself for the rest of my life is not OK.

I could get a modest car for that, or put it towards a zillion other things, but I honestly think I'll get more emotionally out of the PS. I so grateful for his attitude.

Do what you need to do to feel better. You deserve it after having come so far. Would it help to explain things to him, and help him understand why?
miakawa
on 9/23/09 4:54 am - athens, GA
Wow. 24K.. from sauceda? He quoted me less than 10K for a boob lift with implants, butt lift with fat injections, abdominoplasty and lipo here and there.. plus room and board for 14 days and airfare.. I wonder how you received the 24K quote..
Monica P.
on 9/23/09 3:56 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

Excuse me, but I am 37 years old....and I'm damn hot still (and so are you!), and very much worth every single penny spent on my surgery.  I didn't get my boobs done, but they are still fabulous and I am no "clunker".  Jerk!

One day I will be 80 and my boobs will sag and so will everything else I'm sure....so what??!?!  You are in your 30's not your 60s....you still have many years ahead of your to enjoy life and if that means having a better body you should do it!

thafatchick
on 9/23/09 4:12 am
  I think your husband made Monica_P mad.  But I am right there with you Monica ^5.  I'm 39 and although I do not have the funds for ps, if I did I would do it after I popped out a few babies or in a few years.   

37 is definitely not old.  You are young!  He was acting like you were 70 yo or something.  I would start looking into it if I were you.  I'm not advocating staying in the USA or going outside the states but many people are going to Mexico and Brazil for the price break and they seem to do good work there.  

ThaFatChick
Most Active