panniculectomy vs. TT

jeannie115
on 9/22/09 3:55 am - Martinsville , IN
I seen my plastic surgeon yesterday for a consult about my belly skin.  He is submitting my paperwork to my insurance to see if they will pay for the panni removal.  The cost to me for a tummy tuck if the insurance will pay for the panni is $5,300.  I am not sure that I can ask my family to carry the burden of another loan payment.  I was wondering if you have had only the panni removal without the full tummy tuck, would you please share with me your results and are you satisfied with the results.

Thanks In Advance,
Jeannie

33 lbs lost prior to surgery!

Sally W.
on 9/22/09 5:13 am - IA
I had just the panni removal 5 weeks ago tomorrow.(Pic posted earlier today) In a perfect world I would have liked to have the TT as well.  Single mom no extra cash so I did what insurance would pay for.  Lost 16 lbs of excess skin.  Now I still have a small, roll hanging over my belly button.  Maybe about 1 inch.  I hate it.  Wish I would have had both.  Will save my money for TT later!

Good luck to you!
Sally
doreenh
on 9/28/09 7:47 pm - Meredith, NH
Sally,
I was wondering how flat the tummy was after just a panni removal.  I had an appointment yesterday with a surgeon (not PS) for one.  He's even going to make 2 small incisions on upper stomach to get rid of my 2 muffins.  I'm not looking for miracles, I just want to be able to wear a knit shirt without rolls of fat being highlighted, and not have to tuck my skin into my pants.
If you had the choice now, would you still get it done or wait until you have the $ to do both? Like you my insurance will most likely pay for panni, but not TT.
Thanks
Doreen

Sally W.
on 9/28/09 10:38 pm - IA
I knew going in this wasn't going to be perfect.  I really need a tummy tuck and my belly button moved to look the way I wi**** would.  How it is now is all the panni was removed, and my vag was lifted (labia).  He took excess skin off the sides of that too from being stretched.  In removing the panni my belly button is now about 1 inch above labia and my roll above it is about 1 inch thick.  Any time I swell, it goes up because there is no give down below for it to go.  The plastic surgeon and I have our "talk".  In a perfect world, I would have enough money to have a tummy tuck, have my belly button removed and more space there.  But for now, its as good as it gets.  I wi**** were different, but losing 16 pounds of panni was well worth it!  Its strange though, for having that hidden for years, and its right there in front of me!! :)  Good luck to you!
Sally
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/22/09 5:25 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I think it really depends on if you have excess skin ABOVE the belly button. If you do not have any then the panni might satisfy you .. but if you have excess above the bellybutton you will not be happy with just the panni.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Most Active