Disneyland 9 weeks after PS...is it realistic?????

TammyGirl1
on 9/25/09 11:26 am - Oakley, CA

He actually spoke at a support group at John Muir a few months ago or so. His work looked great. I am actually planning to ask for a consult but I am just concerned I wont be able to afford what I need in US..

TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

tazfan
on 9/25/09 11:30 am, edited 9/25/09 11:30 am
I am in the John Muir Group and am in Dr. Mariotti's presentation.  I am the one that stood up and yelled "that's me" with the arms, tummy and butt pictures(all my after pictures have tatoos).  If you have any questions about his work or anything I can answer for you please let me know.
He works with a couple of finance groups for Plastic Surgery.  Jennifer in his office can answer any questions about financing, if she can't figure it out it can't be done.
TammyGirl1
on 9/25/09 11:48 am - Oakley, CA
I remember now :-) That was too funny when you stood up. I have to say his work on you was awesome! I will give them a call and see what comes of it.

workingmommy
on 9/22/09 9:06 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
Based on my experience I would say no way.  I felt good and took it easy and that is what I contribute to my great recovery.  I would be afraid that it would be too much.  But of course ask your PS and he will give you an honset answer based on you and your body.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

wen
on 9/22/09 11:54 am - Manchester, NH
My LBL was August 5th and BL was August 12th and we are going to Disney in 2 weeks.   I am back to exercising and doing pretty much everything.   I know everyone is different but that puts me right at the 2 month mark and I am feeling like I will be fine.  I KNOW I can walk around all day...I already have done some long walks (5 plus miles) but my fitness was really high before I went in....THAT is something else to consider.  If you work out a lot now and have a high fitness level..it is going to make a huge difference.
TammyGirl1
on 9/22/09 12:40 pm - Oakley, CA
I definately have exercise on my side. I work out 6 days a week with PT 2 days a week. Let me know how Disney goes as you are close to time out I would be if I were to do it.
 Thanks

Lori G.
on 9/22/09 9:12 pm - CA
 Hey Tammy! Congrats on GOAL, girl!!!!!! It seems like just yesterday we were meeting in the parking lot by your work! 

I had a consult with Dr EM in July, loved him and it went great ( looking at Belt Lipectomy w/tightening of abd muscles, BL+BA) but i am still going to interview 2 other PSs since it's an elective procedure. If nothing else, you should go see him for the before and after pics- he's done so many WLS patients that he has alot of comparisons.

Keep me in the loop! I'm shooting for early January so I'll be recovered for spring break in Mexico. He did warn me about protecting the scars from the sun to avoid hyperpigmentation, and there are some excellent scar creams to help minimize icky stuff. XOXOLori

TammyGirl1
on 9/23/09 12:44 am - Oakley, CA

Hey you! Thanks. It does just seem like yesterday :-). I saw Dr EM at our support group and was really impressed with his work. I do plan to give them a call for a consult as I am sure he has additional pics and info he could share.
Take care and good luck on your new journey :-)

Tammy

wendybear1
on 9/26/09 6:02 am - Brooklyn, NY
No, not really. I am about that far out from just the lower body, and I'm still not allowed to be that active. I swell horridly when I am.

I am 6 weeks post breast lift and arm lift, and I still can't stand the seatbelt over the girls. I have to put the shoulder strap behind me. Not as safe, so I would not risk a long drive.

Also, that's a long time to be sitting in one position if you still have swelling issues (and, according to my surgeon, it takes much longer than that for the lymphatic system to heal to the point that the swelling will be completely gone).

I wouldn't do it. But do ask your surgeon, to get his or her input.

You might want to put it off a bit longer, if there is any way possible.

Most Active