Disneyland 9 weeks after PS...is it realistic?????

TammyGirl1
on 9/22/09 1:03 am - Oakley, CA
I am thinking about getting a TT, booty, and girlies done but we have a disneyland trip planned about 9 weeks after I wanted to do it. We would have to drive 7 hours (from NorCal to southern Cal) plus be there Frid-Sun. Is this realistic? The trip is for my daughter's 16th Bday and is very important....Any advice is appreciated.
thanks!
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 1:48 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Well, it's well past the point of quoted recovery time but I would pose the question to the PS.
Lynne R.
on 9/22/09 3:41 am - Houston, TX
I think you'd be fine.

Lynne

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 4:42 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Based solely on my own personal recovery times I'd say it would be fine.  BUT you have to remember you are still recovering from some major surgery so you'll have to be very careful to make sure you eat right (lots of protein) and you have to be very, very careful of the sun as it can permanently scar the incisions that are healing (especially be careful of the breast incisions).  And yes, the sun can do damage to your incisions thru bathing suits and other clothing so you must use a good scar cream and high sunblock.  You will probably still be dealing with the daily swelling from the TT and booty, so you'll have to be careful not to over do it.....again to much time in the sun will increase swelling too....

I think if you plan ahead I think you'll be fine.

Best wishes and enjoy the trip if decide to go
Ruth

TammyGirl1
on 9/22/09 12:28 pm - Oakley, CA
Thanks so much for the sun advice. I hadn't even thought about that!

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/22/09 5:23 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with

And based on my experience it would be a royal nightmare. But then again I had the LBL not just a tummy tuck. LOL Perhaps I should not even put my input into this thread ...

Just be careful. I guess you'll know what you can and can not do at that time. I have no doubt in my mind that you can actual GO to Disneyland ... but you may not be able to ride any cool rides. So just be prepared for that.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

TammyGirl1
on 9/22/09 12:34 pm - Oakley, CA
I had already resigned myself to the fact that the fun rides will be out if I do this before

tazfan
on 9/22/09 8:19 am, edited 9/22/09 8:20 am
I went to Disneyland 8 weeks after breast surgery and my Plastic Surgeon's advise was to avoid the big rollercoasters but everything else was OK.  I went on all the rides except 2 of the roller coasters.  I was sore that night from the bouncing of some of the rides but nothing really painful.  I think the big coasters would have been too much for me and am glad I stayed off them but had fun on the other rides.
Just curious, who is your Plastic Surgeon?

Lisa
TammyGirl1
on 9/22/09 12:37 pm - Oakley, CA
I haven't decide on one yet but have gotten email/pic consults with Dr Agha and Dr Sauceda. Unfortunately for want I want/need I won't be able to afford Dr Agha though..

tazfan
on 9/23/09 3:28 am
Dr. Eric Mariotti in Concord has done several procedures on me and does alot of work with weightloss patients.  He is the best in my book.  Check out his website, he has lots of before & after pictures.  He spends as much time as you need with your consultation.  His phone number is (925) 685-4533, tell him Lisa sent you
Most Active