BREAST LIFT

shoegirl1023
on 9/22/09 4:00 am - Solon, OH
I will be having a breast lift on November 4th and would like to know from others who have had it done, will I go down a cup size and what else can I expect, is it a long recovery etc, I am having it done along with a revision to my tummy tuck that I had done in January, still some lose skin that needs to be further tightened (muscle tightening already done and is good).

Thanks

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

JSIL
on 9/22/09 4:22 am
I am having a lift and tt, no muscle tightening also very soon. Just waiting on a date. I was told I wouldn't lose any size just sagginess with my breast lift. I am interested what response you get.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 4:36 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
With just a lift you will probably not go down much in size but ask your surgeon...it would depend on how much they are being lifted.
I just had mine re-lifted and they are standing high but no smaller.  I had my original reduction and lift done almost a year ago but then lost close to 45 or 50 lbs so they needed re-lifting.

NO PAIN at all for me with either breast procedure.  After the first one (reduction and lift) I could have gone back to work after the weekend (had surgery on a Thursday would have been fine to go back on Monday).  Just do not lift anything heavy, no jumping or running (don't want them bouncing around) and be careful not to bump them.  Use a good scar cream when the doctor says it's ok and you should be fine.   My bruising was gone in about 3 weeks and the swelling was starting to go down by week 3 or 4......it took at least 2 or 2 1/2 months for all the swelling to go down.  But believe me there was no much swelling.  OH - around week 3 the nerves start to reconnect and you will feel sudden and sharp stabs...it's normal so don't freak out.  Massaging the breasts is important! 

For me with all the procedures I've had (breasts, arms, and Tummy) the breasts have been the easiest....a piece of cake!

Best wishes.
shoegirl1023
on 9/22/09 6:16 am - Solon, OH
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

JOANNE 
OH Support Group Leader
My local support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month - please message me for further information

We are on a continuous journey without a destination

jonscutie
on 9/22/09 8:47 am
I had my BL/TT in February. The BL was easy or maybe it was just that I only noticed the TT. I went from a 38DDD to a 34 DD. So I went down in size but not a much as it sounds. I still wear a large or extra large top from most stores. It just makes things easier to "manage".

Good luck and heal fast!

Michelle
workingmommy
on 9/22/09 9:10 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I had implants and a lift and brachio done at the same time (LBL at an earlier time) and by far the breasts were the least of my worries.  I have had not pain associated with that procedure.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

bkdsize10
on 9/22/09 9:50 am - Salem, VA
My surgeon said it doesn't reduce the volume it just lifts them and sure enough he was right. I had my lift in May and had implants in July. I was extremely happy with both surgeries.

Barbara 
329/309/168/160
http://www.geocities.com/redhdmamma

wen
on 9/22/09 11:37 am - Manchester, NH
I am a month out and pretty much a cup down. All my tissue is still there..just the extra skin I had jammed into a DD is gone.  Now I am a 34D instead.   Still a little swelling but I think I am going to be where I am now...Might land at a C.   Also..remember if you have lost fat and it may be hard to see that because all the skin is there..so visually you will look smaller...I think I do anyway.   I had a LOT of skin there was too big for my small frame! Glad it is gone.
Most Active