Am I being a BABY or what???

cbhjr98
on 9/22/09 4:38 pm
HA! A baby? No freaking way! I have a desk job and I didn't even go back 1/2 days until 3.5 weeks out...I can't imagine chasing after rugrats at that point.  I didn't do more than open the fridge for the first month!  Just let your hubby spoil you for a few more weeks :-)  I didn't feel like I could function normally until about week 5-6 honestly (and even then it was slower). At 6 weeks I finally was standing straight and doing most things that didn't require physical effort (or else I'd swell up like a balloon). If you try to pu**** too soon, you'll end up back sliding so don't let your pride get in the way of your recovery.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Kim J.
on 9/22/09 10:38 pm - Claremore, OK

Cass,
Thank you for your reply.  I'm really glad I posted this, because honestly I was feeling really abnormal.  Like there was something wrong with me because I didn't think I was bouncing back like I should. 

I am going to take 1 more week off of work and then when I go back I will relax when my kiddos take their naps.  I have a good group of kids so I think I can handle it.  (I say they are good.  I haven't seen the little "angels" in a couple of weeks!  LOL) 

Thanks again!
Kim J.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

Lynne R.
on 9/23/09 12:16 am - Houston, TX
I know you are worried about running out of pain meds - but they work MUCH better if you take them to prevent pain, rather than waiting until you are dying to take them.

Lynne

FLGail
on 9/23/09 1:07 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Kim, Like Ruth said listen to your body, you are not a baby. Lay down when you body said it has had enough. You have had major surgery and it takes a while just for the anesthia to wear off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care. Gail
Monica P.
on 9/23/09 3:51 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I'm impatient too, what I'm really anxious to do is begin runnning again. 

Doing too much is only going to cause you more pain. Slow down! Reading your post made me tired!! You'll be back to normal soon enough, let your body heal.

MSHAMO
on 9/24/09 9:56 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
You are definitely NOT being a baby!! I only had a third done of what you had and it took me 4-6 weeks to get ANY energy back. I was really lucky, my PS gave me as many pain pills as I wanted. I don't get why some are so stingy with them, I sure didn't get "addicted" to them, when I was done with the pain I just quit taking them. Good luck and TAKE IT EASY!!!! 
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/09 11:19 am
Oy vey, Kim!!!!

You had more surgery than I did, and at eight weeks I would now say I'm about 95% up to full speed.  You are not slacking off, in fact you need a lot of rest to recover properly.  (Also a lot of calories but that's another post).

I work on my feet all day long, do heavy lifting, stair=climbing -- and I deeply regret that I went back to doing all of that at four weeks.

Taking care of 2 year olds is a huge physical labor.  WAIT!!!!
Most Active