Update on yesterdays abdominoplasty question

msdi96
on 9/21/09 11:48 pm
Thanks to those of you that responded to my abdominoplasty question. Yesterday I met with the first of 3 plastic surgery consults I have scheduled. I really want to hear the diverse opinions to help me be better informed. This first person was someone I have known and who has a very good reputation. The second will be the new PS who is now in with my surgeon and the third is a female who has done a lot of work with WLS patients. He did confirm that I would need 2 surgeries whether we did it now or if I am closer to goal weight, approx 100 more pounds to lose. He would be doing a panniculectomy to remove my VERY pendulous belly. He estimates it to weigh 20-25 pounds. Essentially it is an amputation of the tissue. He said there is no way to make it look pretty and to give me nice cosmetic results without a second surgery (abdominoplasty). He also felt it would not be safe to attempt them in one setting and that the risk of complications was significantly increased. I did see some pre and post-op pictures of women who have had the same thing done. Needless to say, it is not pretty but it sure would be nice to not have that extra weight pulling me down. He spent over 2 hours with me so definitely felt I had a good consult and got all my questions answered. With my work schedule I either need to do this soon or it will be next June or July. I am thinking more toward the summer because I think having more weight off won't be a bad thing even though it is 2 surgeries regardless of what weight I am.
Most Active