Diets

aknewme
on 9/21/09 1:17 pm
Ive read how a few have lost and gained weight after plastic surgery...esp. TT & LBL.

What did u all eat?

Any special diet?
vickie O.
on 9/21/09 1:34 pm - amarillo, TX
i've lost about 10 lbs after the tummy tuck and i don't think it is from the skin removed. i am still swollen.  i think i lost the weight because of my appetite is off. i also wear this binder and it dulls my appetite also.  i have gone from a size 12 to an 8 since 8/26/09 and like i said i am still swollen.  i don't want to lose much more, it will screw up the tt looks and my doc wants me heavier than i am now.vick

EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REFLECTION IS HOLLOW

Monica P.
on 9/21/09 3:07 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with

I agree with Vick, I think the weight loss is partly due to a loss of appetite...perhaps its the anestesia wearing off, being in discomfort, or being restricted because of the surgical binder.

Even now, 3 weeks later, I still don't want to eat much.

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/09 2:08 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
For many people there is first a weight gain after major surgery like a TT or LBL, even with just the arms I gained 2 or 3 lbs.  The body retains fluid and swells so weight gain happens but it is temporary.  I've read about some women who have 15 lbs of skin removed but come home 20 lbs heavier.  Must be very discouraging it would drive me crazy but we have to remember it is temporary.

I had a TT and breast lift almost 3 weeks ago.  I came home 3 lbs heavier but as of last Saturday was back to the exact weight I was right before surgery.  I think some was fluid and some was just because I haven't been eating as much as I normally do.  I feel full very fast due to the tightened muscles and the binder.   I'm really watching my food intake closely to make sure I have PLENTY of protein and very little sodium........I think that is helping to keep my swelling pretty low.  I saw my surgeon yesterday and he said once all my swelling is gone I should end up about 5 lbs less than I was day of surgery.  I'll take it!!

Best wishes on your plastics journey
Ruth

bkdsize10
on 9/22/09 9:59 am - Salem, VA
Even after they removed 4.5 ibs of skin during my TT, I still weighed 8 lbs heavier the day after my surgery. I was so depressed but within a week the extra water weight was gone. It's from all the IV fluid they give you and your body produces so much fluid when you have a big cut.

Barbara 
329/309/168/160
http://www.geocities.com/redhdmamma

Anjail
on 9/24/09 2:34 am - Detroit, MI
Well I lost about 12 lbs after surgery. I'm sure it's not from the surgery because she didn't have that much skin to remove. Once you have your surgery you really cant eat that much. Probably because they pull your stomach to tight that it can't hold that much food because it no where to stretch out to if you over eat. I was a size 36 the day of surgery and 2 weeks later I am in a size 32 pants. Hopefully I will go down another size or two. I really didn't change my eating habits. I'm sure the only reason people gain weight is because of the swelling but once the swelling goes down I'm sure they will lose a few pounds or at least go down a size. Some people don't necessary lose any weight but still go down a size because of the inches are gone.
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/24/09 3:15 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I lost 16lbs after my LBL and AL ... Makes sense to me since I lost 13.5lbs of excess skin.

I didn't have anything special to eat - just made sure to drink lots and eat my fibre cause I didn't want to get 'plugged up'
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

aknewme
on 9/24/09 5:45 am
Cool...Im a size 8 pant (10 in dresses) and 180-185 @ 5'10

I would like to be 170 - 175lbs...so, i ve been working out and just curious what would happen with my food intake after surgery.

Thnx ladies!
Most Active